A small decision only takes a moment, but if that decision is negligent, it can have consequences that last a lifetime. If you’ve been hurt because someone was reckless, you can seek justice. While you’re dealing with injuries, bills, and your recovery, you can depend on the Houston, TX personal injury lawyers from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm to handle your legal claim and fight for you to get the full and fair compensation you deserve.
We serve Houston and those in the greater Texas area. Our lawyers understand how an accident can affect your life and how daunting the road to recovery can be. We’re here to help you walk that path. When our attorneys are fighting for you, we’ll do everything possible to maximize your compensation so you’re able to focus on your recovery.
Our Houston Lawyers Handle All Kinds of Personal Injury Cases
There are many areas of personal injury law. We have experienced lawyers who will help you with your case. Some of the common situations are lawyers help clients with include:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Premises Liability
When negligence causes the accidents or situations above, the consequences can be extremely painful. That’s why we’re dedicated to standing up for our clients. If a different accident occurred but you still were hurt because of the actions of another, you should reach out to our Houston, TX personal injury lawyers for help.
When someone acts negligently and harms another person, they need to be held accountable for their actions. We’ll show how they were negligent and then fight for you to get the compensation you deserve.
The Advantages of Having a Personal Injury Lawyer on Your Side
The legal process is complex and can be confusing to navigate on your own. When you have a Houston, TX personal injury lawyer representing you, they will make sure your claim is filed properly and will take measures to maximize your compensation. This can help provide necessary financial security in an uncertain time.
Your lawyer is familiar with the kinds of losses and damages you can recover. Those damages are typically split into two categories: economic and noneconomic. While your financial losses will fall under economic damages, there are also other types of damages you may have suffered because of the accident. Those are considered to be noneconomic damages.
Financial losses can seem overwhelming. This includes losses from:
- Medical Expenses. Your hospital bills, treatment costs, and future medical care can result in high medical bills. When you have these due dates looming over you, it may seem like you have to choose between health care and food or rent/mortgage. This is why we’ll fight for your compensation to cover these costs.
- Lost Wages/Loss of Earnings. When you’re dealing with severe injuries, it’s likely that you will not be able to work for a considerable amount of time. You may sustain an injury that will not allow you to go back to your previous position or career. No matter which case applies to you, your lawyer will calculate your lost wages, diminished earning capacity, or the loss of earnings if you cannot return to work.
- Property Damage. If the accident cost you in terms of property damage, your Houston attorney will determine these costs as well.
Your compensation can cover more than the bills you have because of the accident. The noneconomic damages refer to losses like:
- Pain and Suffering. Living with your injuries can be a painful experience. Every day that you have to deal with your injuries can be a struggle. Your attorney will take this into consideration when calculating your compensation.
- Emotional Distress. The emotional distress of dealing with your injuries, reliving the accident, and worrying about how you’re going to move forward can take a major toll. This all happened because of someone else’s negligent actions—and if they hadn’t been negligent you likely wouldn’t be experiencing this emotional distress.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life. If your injuries prevent you from certain activities or their impact on your life is causing pain in some other form, then your lawyer can seek for you to recover damages for loss of enjoyment of life.
It takes a skilled and experienced lawyer to analyze all the ways that the accident has affected you. Our lawyers are meticulous and will go over every aspect of your case so your compensation covers the total amount of your losses.
When you’ve been injured in Texas, you may find that soon after your accident, the insurance company involved is offering ways for you to settle. They are acting in their best interests and are not taking the time to understand the true extent of your injuries and losses. This settlement offer will likely be much less than you deserve—but our lawyers won’t let this happen. We’re going to be at your side every step of the way so your compensation can give you the peace of mind you deserve.
How Will Your Lawyer Fight for You?
While every case is unique, there are some elements that we’ll need to prove so you can have a successful outcome. Through careful investigation and reviewing evidence, we’ll be able to build a case that shows:
- The other party owed you a duty of care.
- They failed to meet this duty of care and caused an accident.
- You were involved in the accident.
- You suffered injuries and damages in the accident.
Once these elements are present, we can move toward securing your financial compensation. This could be through settlement negotiation or it could result in filing a lawsuit in court. Should your case need to proceed to court, you can trust that our Houston, TX personal injury lawyers will be right there with you.
We’re Proud to Represent Houston, Texas
Houston is a cosmopolitan, bustling city with plenty of places to shop, dine, and has a thriving nightlife. As America’s fourth-largest city, Houston’s myriad cultures and opportunities offer an exciting and engaging time to anyone who lives or visits here.
Houston has a lively art scene, with many places to see ballets, plays, and other performances. Sports fans can have a fun night out supporting the local teams. Surrounding all these places are restaurants of all kinds of cuisine—there’s something for everyone here.
From the businesses, industries, and communities that make up Houston, this city has solidified itself as an ideal place to live. That’s why our Houston, TX personal injury lawyers are here for the people in this city. When they’re hurt and need sound legal counsel, we’ll here to fight for them.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm understands how special this city is. We aim to add to its value so the people have someone they can depend on to protect their rights.
Seek the Legal Representation You Deserve
When an accident puts your life on hold, Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm is here to help you start moving forward again. Our experienced personal injury lawyers in Houston, Texas will fiercely advocate for your rights so you’re able to recover and take care of your other financial responsibilities so your healing process is as smooth as possible.
The sooner you reach out, the sooner we can start seeking justice on your behalf. Reach out for an obligation-free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys. We’ll discuss your options and start working on your claim. You can trust us to make sure your voice is heard.
Houston Office Address
6671 Southwest Fwy, Suite 612
Houston, TX 77074