Going to the doctor can be a nerve-wracking experience. You may be nervous about what’s ailing you, but you expect your doctor to have the education and knowledge to find out what’s wrong and provide treatment that can help. When you place your health in a medical provider’s hands and they cause further harm, your injuries or illness could progress, and your overall health could be in worse condition than when you originally went to the doctor. If this has occurred, you may be able to seek legal options.
When you’re trying to recover from medical negligence and hold the provider accountable, you need experienced representation on your side. A Tucson, AZ medical malpractice lawyer can fight for you to get justice.
The complexity of med mal cases can make it difficult for the injured party to have a successful outcome. The lawyers at Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm have fought for victims of medical negligence and know what it takes to make a claim as strong as possible. We’re ready to do the same for you. When you have an attorney representing your best interests, you can trust that we’ll protect your rights and seek compensation so you can get the recovery you deserve.
How Do You Know If Medical Malpractice Occurred?
If you’re thinking about taking legal action regarding your medical treatment, you should know that having a negative experience when you’re receiving care does not necessarily mean that malpractice occurred. Being unhappy with your treatment or your condition worsening aren’t enough to have a valid claim.
Our lawyers know the typical kinds of medical errors that can happen. If you experienced one of these mistakes or your situation was similar, then you may have grounds for a claim.
- Misdiagnosis/Failure to Diagnose. If you are exhibiting symptoms or had tests that indicate a certain issue, but your doctor either diagnosed you with the wrong problem or didn’t arrive at a diagnosis, then your condition could have progressed when you could have been treating it. If other doctors would have arrived at the correct diagnosis with the same information, then you could hold them accountable.
- Emergency Room Errors. Providers working in an emergency room need to identify when you’re showing symptoms of a condition that needs immediate treatment. If they miss these symptoms, then you could sustain serious injuries.
- Surgery Errors. When you’re undergoing a surgical procedure, a negligent surgeon could make a mistake that results in further injury and could require other surgeries. A surgeon could do the wrong procedure, perform on the wrong patient or limb, or the surgery could have been unnecessary. Additional issues can include anesthesiology errors or lack of post-op care.
- Medicine Errors. A negligent hospital may have given you incorrect medications which can interact with other medications or conditions you have. You may also suffer an allergic reaction. There’s also the situation where they administer the wrong dosage.
- Medical Device Malfunction. A medical device may give you necessary information about your health or help your body function. If a medical device malfunctions because it’s faulty, then you may have suffered serious injuries.
These are a handful of possible instances of medical malpractice. If you’re unsure of what happened to you, we can review the incident. Your Tucson, AZ medical malpractice lawyer will help determine if you can proceed and seek compensation.
What Legal Elements Will Your Medical Malpractice Lawyer Show?
As we build your case, we’ll need to show these main legal elements for you to have grounds to seek compensation. Evidence from your medical records and the treatment you received can help us prove these points and that the injuries you sustained were preventable.
- The Provider Owed the Patient a Duty of Care. The medical provider needed to agree to treat you and establish a doctor-patient relationship. Once they establish this, they owe you treatment that meets the standard of care.
- The Provider Breached the Duty. Their negligence deviates from the standard of care, so you didn’t get the treatment or care that was owed to you.
- The Patient Was Hurt. The medical provider’s treatment caused you harm.
- The Patient Sustained Damages. You suffered injuries and other damages because the medical provider made a mistake that hurt you.
Proving that you weren’t treated within the standard of care can be difficult, which is why we’ll get an expert witness’ testimony. In this case, the expert witness will be a medical professional who can provide their perspective about how your doctor had treated you and what they did wrong.
When we’ve established you were wrongfully hurt because of medical negligence, our lawyers will fight for you to get compensation for your injuries and losses. A medical error can cause serious injuries that require care. We’ll seek compensation for your medical care, lost wages if you’ve had to miss work, diminished earning capacity if you can no longer return to your job, and loss of earnings if your injuries prevent you from going back to work.
Your compensation can also include recovery for your non-financial losses. Dealing with your injuries can take a severe emotional toll. Your lawyer can calculate losses like pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and mental anguish for your compensation.
When you have fair compensation for your injuries and other losses, you don’t have to worry about how you’re going to afford treatment, pay bills, and continue to support your family. Our lawyers will work diligently on your case so you can get the care you need.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm Can Advocate for You
A medical error can cause painful, and sometimes irreparable harm. While taking on a negligent doctor or hospital may seem intimidating, taking legal action can provide you the financial security you need so you’re able to heal. You can trust your Tucson, AZ medical malpractice lawyer to stand up for your rights no matter what. We know how complicated medical malpractice claims can be and how they can often proceed to trial.
Our experienced trial lawyers in Arizona can represent you and present your case in court. We’ll use our expertise to show that you were wrongfully hurt and deserve justice for what’s happened. We will also explain how this process works so you’re prepared for the courtroom and will feel ready for your case.
We can get started on your case when you meet with us for a free case evaluation. Our lawyers will learn more about what happened, how you were affected, and discuss your legal options and how you would like to proceed. We’re here for you.