Cars are a great way for you to get around Plano and in the surrounding Dallas-Fort Worth area. The problem is that no matter how careful you are behind the wheel, someone else’s negligent or reckless decisions while driving can end up with you being hurt and suffering from serious damages. That’s where our Plano, TX car accident lawyer comes in and can help you.
After a car accident that you didn’t cause, you shouldn’t have to worry about the costs for your injuries and damages because you weren’t the liable party. With the help of an attorney from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, you can build a solid car accident claim that proves the fault of the other party, calculates how much you’re owed, and recovers what you deserve in compensation.
Car Crash and Injury Statistics in Plano
When dealing with your own car crash in Plano, it can be helpful to look at the statistics of other crashes and the injuries that result from them. That way, you can better understand how frequent these kinds of accidents are, and whether or not you have grounds to file a claim.
In Plano, there were 3,756 car accidents in 2020. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, these are the number of people who were hurt in auto wrecks in Plano in 2020:
- 7,921 non-injuries from crashes
- 959 possible injuries from crashes
- 616 non-incapacitating injuries from crashes
- 78 suspected injuries from crashes
- 19 fatalities from crashes
Now that you know how common accidents are in Plano and how often different levels of injuries result from the collisions, you might be able to understand your own claim more easily. Additionally, you should know which roads in the area are most likely to have accidents occur on them or at intersections on their path.
Some of the most dangerous roads in the Plano and DFW areas are the Dallas Parkway, Plano Parkway, Legacy, Spring Creek, and Preston. The intersections along these roads frequently have collisions happen at them. Intersections in general are the most dangerous parts of roads, but on these roads, they can be the spot where even more crashes happen and lead to injuries.
If you’ve been in a collision and suffered from injuries and other damages, you could use the help of our Plano, TX car accident attorney. We can help you determine what happened and get you the justice you deserve for how you were harmed.
Causes of Texas Auto Wrecks
One of the main ways that a lawyer will work to get you justice is by figuring out what caused your car accident to happen. From there, they can determine who was at fault. Even though anything could happen to cause a collision, most are caused by someone’s negligence. Whether it’s another driver, a manufacturing company, mechanic, or the government through not fixing roads, their negligence can lead to a crash.
Here are some of the most common causes of auto wrecks in Texas that we see at our firm:
- Distracted Driving. When you’re behind the wheel, you need to be as attentive as possible to ensure that you don’t make a mistake. Even the smallest distraction can take your eyes off the road for long enough to cause a collision. When you get distracted by your phone, a GPS, the radio, food, or drinks, you could get into a serious wreck because you lose control of your car from not looking at the road.
- Drunk Driving. Everybody knows that drunk driving is wrong. When you’re under the influence, you can’t make decisions in the same way that you can when you’re sober, and your motor skills are suppressed. You don’t have the same reaction time, which is why you can easily get into a car wreck when you decide to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Speeding. Speeding can cause accidents because drivers who are going over the speed limit typically have less control over their vehicle. At higher speeds, drivers have less reaction time and need more space to brake. This means that if something in their path suddenly changes, they don’t have the control to stop their car or move out of the way, so their reckless decision to speed could lead to a serious accident.
- Defective Auto Part. Sometimes a driver isn’t the person who caused the wreck at all. If a part manufacturer was negligent in production, selling, or installing, then they could be held liable for their part malfunctioning and causing a collision. Parts like brakes and tires can often be defective because of a mistake by a company, which would make them at fault for an accident caused by the part’s malfunction.
- Bad Weather. In Texas, we might not get snow or ice very often, but it’s still possible. Because our drivers aren’t used to cold weather, that can make driving in the ice or snow even more dangerous. Other weather can cause accidents as well, like high winds, heavy rains, and tornadoes. When bad weather is happening, it’s important to stay off the roads if possible.
- Bad Roads. Sometimes, government agencies or private owners don’t take care of the roads as they should. Potholes, debris, and other roadway obstructions can lead to collisions that aren’t the fault of the driver because they expected the road to be safe.
Your accident might have been caused by any of the situations listed above, which means that you could hold the liable party responsible for what they’ve done. If you don’t recognize what happened to you in the list, then you still might be able to file a claim.
Speaking with a lawyer can help you determine whether or not someone else caused your collision and if you have grounds to take legal action. Our Plano, TX car accident lawyer is here to answer your questions and help you take the steps to file a claim against a negligent party.
Our Plano, TX Car Accident Lawyer Will Represent You
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we have experience representing victims of car accidents that were caused by many different scenarios. We understand that it can be a confusing and vulnerable time for you, as you’re likely trying to heal from your injuries and get your life back to normal. You shouldn’t have to deal with the costs associated with your accident when you weren’t the person who caused it.
When you have our Plano, TX car accident attorney on your side, you can have peace of mind knowing that we can guide you through every step of your claim. We’re here to handle the legal side of things so that you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery. Reach out to us today so we can get started on your claim right away.