When you’ve been hurt in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to deal with the injuries and damages on your own. You weren’t the person responsible for what happened to you, which means you shouldn’t be burdened with the financial costs of your damages. That’s where our Plano, TX personal injury lawyers come in to help you.
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we’re dedicated to getting justice for the victims of all kinds of accidents. We have extensive knowledge of the laws surrounding personal injury and have experience representing victims of negligence. That’s why you can trust us to fight for you in your personal injury claim. We’ll investigate what happened so that we can build the strongest case possible for you so that you can have peace of mind and win.
Different Personal Injury Cases Our Lawyers Handle
Accidents can happen at any time. No matter how prepared or safe you are, other people’s negligence can blindside you and cause you to get into an accident that you weren’t expecting. When that situation leaves you with injuries and damages, you will likely want to enlist the help of a personal injury lawyer.
In Plano, TX, you can turn to an attorney from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm and trust that they will be able to get you justice for what you’ve gone through. Here are some of the different cases that we handle at our firm:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
If what you’ve experienced is listed above, then you can definitely come to our firm with your case and know that we can give you legal support. If it’s not listed above, that doesn’t me that we’re unable to help you. We still might be able to take your case.
There are many different situations that could turn into a personal injury claim, and you might have a lot of questions surrounding your potential case. You can trust our Plano, TX personal injury lawyers to know what can be done and confidently answer all your questions.
Steps of the Personal Injury Claim Process
One of the reasons that you might be hesitant to speak with a personal injury lawyer and take on a claim is that you don’t know how the legal process works. When you don’t know the timeline or general process of a personal injury claim, it can be confusing and deter you from getting the justice you deserve. That’s why our lawyers are transparent—we understand how intimidating this process can be, and we want you to feel comfortable every step of the way.
Here is the general process that you can expect when you decide to file a personal injury claim against the negligent party who caused your injuries and damages:
- Consultation. The first step that you’ll need to take is getting a consultation with a personal injury lawyer so that you can discuss your potential claim and what happened to you. At this meeting, you should bring all your documentation and evidence that proves what happened, how you were hurt, and the damages that resulted from the accident. From here, your lawyer will look into your evidence and decide if they want to represent you or not. If they choose to take your case, they will file the claim.
- Discovery. This part of the legal process is where both sides will request information and evidence from both sides so that they can each build their case. They will also share the statements from everyone involved, including any witnesses. This can take a long time because your lawyer will want to collect all possible information to ensure that your case is completely developed.
- Negotiation and Mediation. From there, both parties will start negotiating to meet a settlement. Both sides will be working in their party’s favor, so sometimes these negotiations can take a long time, or they won’t be able to reach a resolution where both parties are happy.
- Settlement. If they can reach an agreement, then the settlement will be the final step of the process. However, if they can’t agree on a settlement, then the case will continue through the process and go into trial.
- Trial. Most personal injury cases settle out of court, and lawyers will try to avoid going to trial as best as possible, but if it goes to trial, your attorney will fight to reach the conclusion that you’re hoping for.
This entire process can take months or even years. That’s why it’s important to have an attorney you trust on your side—that way, you know that you’re fully informed and have the best representation you could have. Our Plano, TX personal injury lawyers are here to give you the confidence you deserve when filing a claim against the party who caused you harm.
Damages Your Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Recover
One of your main concerns when you decide to file a personal injury claim is most likely how much you can recover in damages. While a claim is effective for holding the responsible party accountable for their poor decisions, they are also used to ensure that you get the financial compensation you deserve for what this accident has cost you.
There are three types of damages that you might be able to recover with the help of your lawyer. Economic, noneconomic, and punitive damages are what your lawyer will be calculating by looking at your evidence. Depending on your claim, you could have a mixture of all three, but most cases just involve the first two.
Economic damages are the physical costs that you suffered, like medical bills and lost wages. Noneconomic damages are more abstract costs, like pain and suffering. These are the two types of damages that will most likely be recovered in your case.
In more rare situations, punitive damages might also be included in your compensation. These are meant to punish the responsible party for gross negligence. When you have our Plano, TX personal injury lawyers on your side, you can rest assured that we are properly calculating what you’re owed and what kinds of damages apply to your case.
We’re Proud to Represent the People of Plano
Plano is only about 20 miles north of Dallas, which makes it part of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. More specifically, Plano is in both Collin County and Denton County and has a population of over 287,000 people. Even though we’re very close to Dallas and in the DFW area, there are still reasons to visit Plano as well.
In terms of industry, we are home to branches of many major companies in the country. Some of our top employers are Capital One Finance, DXC Technology, Red Bee Media, and Toyota Motor North America. Texas Health Plano and Medical City Plano are both local companies that also employ many people in our city.
Otherwise, there are plenty of ways to enjoy what Plano has to offer. We have parks and nature preserves to visit, and one even has a tree estimated to be over 200 years old. One of the activities that are held in our parks is the Plano Balloon Festival, which happens every September. On top of outdoor activities, we also have bars and restaurants. Since we’re in the south, there are plenty of barbecue spots as well many other American cuisine restaurants.
Even though Plano can be a wonderful place to live and work, there is always a possibility for an accident to happen. That’s why our Plano, TX personal injury lawyers are here to help you after any injuries caused by someone else’s negligence. We’re happy to serve the people of this city.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm Can Help You
When you’ve been hurt and want to get justice, you can count on our Plano, TX personal injury attorneys from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm to represent you in your claim. We have experience fighting for victims and know how to build you a strong case. Reach out to our office today so we can get started and schedule your free consultation.