In life, you expect others to operate with the same care that you do. Unfortunately, though, not everyone is as careful as you might be. Because of this, their negligence could lead to an accident with you, and you could suffer from injuries and other damages because this other person didn’t consider their actions. That’s when you could use the help of our Laredo, TX personal injury lawyers.
With the help of the attorneys at Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, you will be able to get justice for how the negligent party has harmed you. We’ll help you file a personal injury claim and get you the full and fair compensation you deserve. Let’s take a look at some of the different cases we handle so that we can serve you as best as possible.
Types of Cases We Help Clients With
After experiencing an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you might be wondering what your next steps are. One of your options is holding them accountable for what they’ve done to you through taking legal action. The thought of filing a personal injury claim might be intimidating to you, especially going up against a larger company if they were who caused your accident, but that’s where we can help you.
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we have experience representing clients in a variety of claims. Our personal injury lawyers can handle claims such as:
- Car Accidents. When cars collide, it’s usually from the negligence of one of the drivers or a company who created a part for the cars. Distracted driving, drunk driving, driving errors, and defective parts can all contribute to the cause of an accident. If you weren’t the party at fault, you should be able to recover compensation for the damages that the other party caused you.
- Truck Accidents. An accident involving a tractor trailer can have devastating affects on everyone involved. You could be suffering injuries that last you for the rest of your life and impact your future ability to earn money. Whether it was a negligent trucker, their trucking company, or a malfunctioning truck part that caused your collision, you deserve to financially recover for the harm you’ve suffered.
- Motorcycle Accidents. When motorcyclists are struck while riding, they can suffer from catastrophic injuries. You shouldn’t have to concede your safety just because you’re riding your motorcycle. As long as you were being safe and following the laws, you can recover compensation for your injuries and other damages.
- Medical Malpractice. Doctors and other medical professionals are expected to uphold a standard of care when they treat their patients. When they make mistakes, it can lead to more injuries or more serious illnesses being suffered by their patients. They should be held accountable for their negligence, which is what our attorneys are here for.
- Premises Liability. Property owners are responsible to keep a premises safe when legal visitors are present on their property. If someone gets hurt on an unsafe premises that should’ve been properly maintained, then the owner of the property could be held liable for what happened to them.
- Nursing Home Abuse. Just like any other medical facility, residents in nursing homes still have rights and deserve to be treated with great care and maintain their dignity. When they are neglected or abused, they can seek out compensation to recover from what they wrongfully went through at the hands of a negligent staff member or other party.
These are all potential circumstances that have led to you deciding to file a personal injury claim, but they’re not the only situations that warrant legal action. There are plenty of other accidents caused by negligence that you could file a claim for. Just because the situation isn’t on this list doesn’t mean our lawyers can’t help you.
If your accident was caused by someone else’s negligence and led to you being injured and suffering damages, then you likely have a claim against the party at fault. Our Laredo, TX personal injury attorneys are prepared to look into your case and determine what you’re owed so that you can have peace of mind while dealing with the harm they caused you.
Steps of a Personal Injury Claim
One of the intimidating aspects of a personal injury claim could be not knowing the process that you’re in for when you hire a personal injury lawyer. At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we understand that transparency throughout the process is the best way to handle your claim so that you can understand what’s happening every step of the way.
First, we’ll go through pre-trial. This is when you make an appointment with our firm and bring all the evidence that you have of your accident. This will be documentation from your accident, like a police report, medical records and bills, proof of lost wages, and any other costs that you suffered.
The next step in the process will be discovery. In this part of your claim, both sides will gather evidence from each other so that they can prove their side. They’ll ask for any relevant evidence you have, as well as gathering information from witnesses, and your lawyer will do the same.
Once all of this evidence is collected, which could take months or upwards of a year, attorneys on both sides will attempt to mediate. Your lawyer will negotiate a fair settlement for you with the other party, who will also be fighting for their best interests. Most times, personal injury claims come to a settlement. If not, then your claim will go to trial.
Trials are costly and time-consuming, which is why most attorneys will try their hardest to settle out of court, but they are always prepared to take it to trial if needed. From there, your case will either be made in front of a judge or jury, and the outcome will be decided.
This could sound like a long and confusing process. That’s why it’s best to have our Laredo, TX personal injury lawyers on your side. We’re experienced in fighting for our clients and getting them justice for their damages.
Laredo Citizens Can Feel Confident in Our Firm
Our city of Laredo is the largest inland port on the border between the United States and Mexico and is nestled on the north bank of the Rio Grande. We’re also the county seat of Webb County and have a city population of over 236,000 people. As the largest port, we’re the point for a large portion of U.S. international trade with Mexico and vice versa.
The largest industries that employ the people of Laredo are trade, transportation, utilities, retail, government, education, and healthcare. Other than work, citizens need the arts and culture to remain active in the community. Washington’s Birthday Celebration, the Jalapeño Festival, Jamboozie, museums, art centers, the planetarium, and the library are all in Laredo and offer opportunities to find something exciting or fulfilling to do in our city.
Many churches in the area have more intricate than normal architecture. San Agustin Cathedral, Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church, St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, and The First United Methodist Church are all beautiful buildings that visitors might notice and want to enter while in the area.
If any kind of accident occurs in our city, our Laredo, TX personal injury attorneys are prepared to navigate your claim and give you the support you need to get the compensation you deserve.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm Will Fight to Get You Justice
As personal injury attorneys, we’ve seen just about everything you can imagine. That’s why you shouldn’t hesitate to ask for our help. When you hire one of our Laredo, TX personal injury lawyers from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we’re prepared to guide you through your entire claim and ensure that you feel supported. Contact our office today so we can schedule your free consultation.