Car accidents can be devastating to everyone involved. In Corpus Christi, we’re no stranger to collisions and the damages that they cause. You shouldn’t have to deal with the injuries and damages you sustain on your own when you weren’t the one who caused the wreck. That’s where our Corpus Christi, TX car accident lawyer can help you.
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we’re dedicated to getting justice for the victims of car crashes. We have experience building strong cases and know how to get you the results you want. We’ll fully investigate what happened, prove the other party was negligent, and calculate exactly what you’re owed while you focus on healing. From there, we’ll use all these findings to make your case and get you the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Causes of Corpus Christi Car Wrecks
One of the most important parts of your claim will be determining what the cause of your car crash was so your lawyer can work on figuring out who was at fault. There are many different causes of accidents in Corpus Christi, and any of the causes listed below could have been what led to you being in the situation you are in.
Here are some of the most common reasons that people get into car accidents in Texas:
- Distracted Driving. Drivers need to pay attention to the road the entire time that they are behind the wheel. When they don’t, it can lead to serious collisions between vehicles. Every day there is a new distraction that can cause a driver to get into a wreck—cell phones, the radio, food, and cosmetics are all common distractions that drivers turn to instead of paying attention to the task at hand like they should be.
- Driving Under the Influence. Not only is driving under the influence incredibly dangerous, but it’s also illegal. Whether you are drunk behind the wheel or under the influence of drugs, you shouldn’t be driving. Your senses and motor skills are inhibited, and you won’t be able to drive safely.
- Speeding. Driving over the speed limit is a reckless decision. This decreases the amount of time you have to react and the amount of time that other drivers have to react to you. Just because you want to get somewhere faster or just because you have a bout of road rage doesn’t mean you should put everyone on the road’s lives at risk.
- Fatigue. Driving drowsy and fatigued can be just as dangerous as driving drunk. Your senses are dulled, and your reaction times could be slower, which leads to you getting into a wreck because you were too tired to drive.
- Defective Parts. While you might think the driver is the only person who could cause a wreck, that’s not exactly true. Even if a driver is being as safe as possible, sometimes a defective part could cause an accident that they didn’t expect to happen. Part malfunctions like brakes or a blown tire can lead to collisions that the driver didn’t cause.
- Bad Weather. Even though Corpus Christi has great warm weather most of the time, it’s possible for serious storms to roll through and wreak havoc on the roads. When heavy rain, strong winds, or any other kind of bad weather occur, it could lead to accidents no matter how carefully a person is driving.
One of these reasons listed above could have been the cause of your auto wreck in Texas. Or maybe you don’t see what caused your accident listed above, but don’t worry, you still might be able to file a car accident claim. With the help of our Corpus Christi, TX car accident attorney, you can have peace of mind knowing we’re fighting to get you justice.
Texas Negligence Laws
Finding the cause of your collision is just the beginning of your claim. Your attorney will use this information to prove that the other party was negligent. In order to understand how they do that, you’ll need to know the Texas state laws on negligence. If you weren’t at fault at all for what happened, you can likely recover full compensation for your damages. However, there are times when the amount you’re owed could be reduced.
Texas follows a modified comparative fault law, which is known in our state as proportionate responsibility. This means that if you share some of the fault for causing the collision or were negligent in any way to contribute to the accident, then your compensation will be reduced by the percentage you were at fault. If you were over 50 percent at fault, then you will be unable to recover any compensation.
That’s why proving fault is so important to your case. When you have our Corpus Christi, TX car accident lawyer on your side, we’ll work to prove that the other party was at fault for what happened. We’ll collect all the necessary evidence to show that you didn’t cause the wreck, and that the other driver or another party was the one responsible.
Common Auto Wreck Injuries in Corpus Christi, TX
One of the biggest elements that your attorney will have to show in order to prove that the other party was negligent is providing the evidence of your injuries. Showing proof of your injuries and the damages they caused you is an essential part in proving that the other party was negligent, which is what your case hinges upon.
Here are some of the different injuries that you might have sustained in your collision that your lawyer will use to show that the other party was responsible for what happened:
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Your medical records and bills will be the proof that your Corpus Christi, TX car accident attorney needs as evidence of your injuries. Once they gather your evidence, they can prove that you were not the person who caused the wreck, and that the party responsible for the accident is also liable for the harm you suffered.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm Will Represent You
You shouldn’t feel alone when you’re filing a car accident claim. When you’re dealing with the injuries and damages of your wreck, you might feel like taking legal action is too much effort, especially if you feel like you have to go in it alone. But when you hire our Corpus Christi, TX car accident lawyer to represent you, you won’t be alone.
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we’re dedicated to representing our clients and ensuring that you feel comfortable every step of the way of the legal process. We’ll handle the legal side of things while you focus on your physical and emotional healing. Reach out to us today so we can get started with a free consultation.