Buckingham Barrera Law Firm supports students who pursue higher education. We understand the importance of continuing education and how achieving those goals can be financially difficult. That’s why our personal injury law firm is starting an academic scholarship for $1,000. This scholarship will be for students who are in their first year or are starting their first year of college or graduate school. We believe in providing these opportunities so we can all work toward a better future.
The current submission period for Fall 2021 is open. All applications are due by Friday, July 16, 2021 by 11:59 p.m. EST.
The Application Instructions
Applicants must read the following information carefully to ensure they follow all the steps to sending a complete, eligible application. Incomplete applications or applications that don’t have the correct elements may be disqualified.
Your application will be sent to [email protected]. In this email, you must attach proof of acceptance to your school, which can be a digital copy of your college acceptance letter, with the letterhead included. However, there are other forms of proof you can send. Transcripts, acceptance emails, and course loads can also be proof of your acceptance or first-year status.
You should attach your essay as a .docx or PDF. Be sure to attach as the correct file type as other file types may not open. If we cannot read your essay, we cannot accept your application. The essay itself should be in MLA format (double-spaced, 12 pt. font, Times New Roman) with sources cited if necessary.
In your email, you may write a brief bio about yourself and attach a photo if you wish. The body of your email must include: your name, address, phone number, and the college you attend or plan to attend.
Make the subject line of your email “Your Name Fall 2021 Scholarship.” Example: “Peter Jackson Fall 2021 Scholarship.”
Be sure to take note of the following:
- Your essay must respond to the topic. We will not respond to essays that do not answer the topic.
- Proofread your essay before sending.
- Send everything as one email. Check that your email has all the elements and the information is correct. If we see more than on email, this may disqualify your application.
- We will NOT be replying to most emails we receive. We simply get far too many. Please don’t send follow-up emails asking if we’ve received yours or with questions about the application. All the information is on this page.
Failure to follow these instructions may disqualify your application.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following qualifications:
- The school you attend or plan to attend must be in the United States.
- The applicants must be in their first year or are planning on attending their first year.
- Transfer students may apply if they are new to the school.
- You need to have a U.S. mailing address by the time the scholarship is due. This is July 16, 2021.
- The proof of your first-year status is a digital copy of your acceptance letter, with the letterhead. Copies of acceptance emails from your college, transcripts, or the list of your first course load are also acceptable for proof of first-year status.
- All information for the application must be sent in one email.
The Essay Topic
This year’s essay topic is:
“Where do you see yourself in 10 years? What are you doing, what have you accomplished, and what new goals do you think your future self will have?”
Your essay must be a 500+ word response. We’re looking for those who approach this question from a unique perspective. Applicants should show their creativity and ability to craft a thoughtful essay. Be sure to proofread for spelling and grammar. All these aspects will be considered when choosing the winning essay.
Submitting your essay means you agree that we may feature it on our blog. We’ll publish the winning essay.
You can submit your essay to [email protected]. The application window is open and you may send your application when it’s ready. We will review all applications after the due date so all applicants get a fair chance. Remember, applications are due on Friday, July 16th, 2021 by 11:59 p.m. EST.
Buckingham Barrera Law Firm is eager to help students achieve their goals to get the education they need to be successful. We’re looking forward to reading your essays.