Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm believes in the importance of supporting our local Southwest communities. We are proud to offer an annual $1,000 scholarship to high school seniors who are looking to further their educations by attending college or university. Our scholarship is open to students who live in the two cities where our main offices are located– Albuquerque, New Mexico and Midland, Texas.
The current open period for our scholarship is Fall 2022. Applications are due by Friday, August 5th, 2022.
To receive our scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have graduated or will graduate from a high school located in Albuquerque, New Mexico or Midland, Texas during 2022
- Live in Albuquerque, New Mexico (including areas in Bernalillo County) or Midland, Texas (including areas in Midland County)
- Be planning to attend a university or college in Fall 2022 (your planned college can be located anywhere)
To apply for our scholarship, you must write a 500+ word essay on the prompt below:
What is one thing in life that captivates you the most, and why?
If you meet the qualifications as listed above, you may submit an application for our scholarship by emailing us the following:
- Your completed 500+ word essay on the topic listed above. Your essay should be attached as a .DOC, .DOCX, or .PDF file. Please adhere to MLA formatting guidelines when submitting your essay.
- Digital proof (as either a .PDF or .JPG/.PNG screenshot) of your college acceptance letter.
- In the body of your email, please include your name, address, phone number, and the name of your planned college.
You can submit your application to [email protected]. Remember, applications are due on Friday, August 4th, 2022.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm is eager to help students achieve their goals to get the education they need to be successful. We’re looking forward to reading your essays.