Seeing large trucks on the road in or around San Antonio isn’t surprising. We depend on these vehicles to deliver goods to and from our state so we have what we need. This industry also employs many people. However, when an accident happens, they often result in severe injuries, fatalities, and can destroy the vehicles involved. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a collision with a semi, you deserve dedicated representation that will seek justice for you. A San Antonio, TX truck accident lawyer from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm is ready to fight for you and your future.
Fighting for truck accident victims takes experience, patience, and compassion. Our lawyers will help you stand up to the negligent party and get the compensation you need so you’re able to heal physically, financially, and emotionally. With our attorneys on your side, you’ll know that we’ll always protect your rights and will seek the best possible outcome for you.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents in San Antonio
Truck accidents may be a more common occurrence than you originally thought, and their consequences are often severe. Let’s take a look at how often large truck accidents happen around San Antonio.
San Antonio is in Bexar County. According to the Texas Department of Transportation in 2019, Bexar County had 2,717 crashes involving commercial vehicles. There were 12 fatalities in 12 fatal crashes. 42 suspected serious crashes caused 52 suspected serious injuries.
If you were harmed in Bexar County, then you should reach out to a San Antonio, TX truck accident lawyer. We’re here to provide trusted legal counsel to all residents of Texas. Our attorneys will help you in any way we can.
Who Was Responsible for Your Truck Accident Injuries?
When our truck accident lawyers are fighting for you, we’ll need to know who was responsible for your injuries. There are a few possibilities and some of those parties may not have been at the accident scene. We’ll analyze the evidence available from police reports, photographs, and other accounts of the accident to see what happened.
- Truck Drivers. The truck driver could have been reckless while they’re behind the wheel. They could have been looking at their phone, trying to eat and drive to save time, or they could have been speeding and lost control of the semi. When drivers are negligent, they could take a turn too quickly and cause a rollover accident. In other cases, a negligent truck driver could cause an underride or override accident and trap a smaller car underneath the big rig.
- Trucking Company. When the trucking company is at fault, they may have not checked that the rig was safe for the road. They may not secure the cargo correctly, and this could result in the cargo shifting the trailer. Some 18 wheelers may lose cargo and hit drivers behind it. In other cases, the shift in weight can propel the trailer to swing forward and cause a jackknife accident. If the company overloads a semitrailer, it can put too much stress on the axles and the driver can lose control of the vehicle.
- Auto Part Manufacturer. If the semi had a defective part, this could have caused the driver to lose control and crash.
As we investigate the accident, we’ll also look into the trucking company’s history. They may have had accidents with similar causes in the past, or hire people to drive when they don’t have the experience. When a company could be held liable for your injuries, the legal process can get complex. They will likely bring in their own representation. Our law firm is ready to stand up to them.
You can count on your San Antonio, TX truck accident lawyer to protect your rights. We won’t let them intimidate you to accept a settlement that’s less than you deserve. We’ll make sure to protect your claim and help you fight for full and fair compensation.
Catastrophic Injuries from Texas Truck Collisions
Truck accident injuries are often severe because of the vehicle’s size and weight. 18 wheelers can weigh up to 80,000 lbs. When these semitrailers are involved in a collision, the occupants in the other car may suffer injuries that will cause permanent disability and affect their future in other ways.
If the injury is permanent and will prevent you from being gainfully employed, it’s considered a catastrophic injury. These injuries require a lot of care and adjustment. Some examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries. When the brain sustains damage, the person can have issues with forming thoughts, concentration, memory, and speech. Severe injury can cause loss of function.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. When the spinal cord is injured, the function and feeling of the body below the injury site can be affected. Someone could lose the ability to walk. If the injury is higher, it could also affect their trunk or arms.
- Burns. It’s possible for the accident to cause burn injuries. Severe burns can damage nerves and skin, and possibly cause disfigurement.
- Loss of Limb. Someone could lose a limb in an accident. This may occur in the accident or a surgeon may need to remove a limb if it’s damaged and cannot be saved.
- Internal Injuries. Internal organ damage may occur, in which immediate medical care could be required.
After a catastrophic injury occurs, you may need to stay in the hospital for a period of time. When you’ve healed as much as you can and can return home, then you’ll need to adjust to living with your injury. Losing the ability to work in addition to learning how to live with a life-changing injury is a lot for one person to go through.
While our truck accident lawyers can’t undo what happened, we can fight for your financial future. You deserve compensation that will cover the full injuries and losses you suffered in this accident. We’ll fight so you don’t need to worry about how you’re going to get the medical care you need or continue to provide for yourself if you can no longer work. Our attorneys will represent your best interests.
A San Antonio, TX Truck Accident Lawyer Can Protect Your Future
When our lawyers are fighting for you to get justice in Texas, we’ll need to prove that you were a victim of negligence. We’ll evaluate and analyze all the evidence available from the accident. Our investigation will allow us to:
- Find the Cause of the Accident. Facts from the accident will show us the type of accident and we’ll find out what caused it. This could have been because of a distracted or fatigued driver, the cargo could have come loose, or the brakes could have failed. We’ll look at all the possibilities.
- Find Out Who Acted Negligently. After we find the cause, we can determine the negligent party. They owed you a duty of care and failed to do so.
- Determine the Damage of the Accident. When we’re assessing the full damage of the accident, we’ll take a look at your medical records to see what injuries you’ve sustained, what it will take to treat them, how long you’ll have the injuries, and see how it affects your work. In addition to your other financial losses, we’ll also investigate the damages that aren’t money related.
- Prove the Accident Caused Your Injuries. We’ll show how your injuries and losses were a result of the accident and that these could have been prevented if the other party hadn’t acted negligently.
When we’re seeking full compensation on your behalf, the other party involved may not be as cooperative. They may try to get through this process and pay you as little as possible. This isn’t right. When their negligence is what has caused your injuries and pain and suffering, someone needs to hold them accountable. That’s why we’re here.
It may mean that your case could go to court for you to get justice. While this sounds like a major step, it could be the best way for you to get the recovery you deserve after an 18 wheeler accident. You can depend on a Texas trial lawyer from our law firm to fight for your rights in a courtroom. We’ll be right at your side.
Reach Out to Our Law Firm Today
Facing medical bills and living with the injuries of a truck accident is a difficult burden to bear, but you don’t have to do it alone. Our San Antonio, TX truck accident lawyers will fight for your rights and advocate for your best interests throughout the legal process. We’re passionate about getting justice for our clients and providing them with the peace of mind they deserve.
The first step is contacting Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm today. We can get started on your claim after an obligation-free consultation. Our law firm will help you navigate the challenges of seeking justice and build you a strong case so you can get the recovery you deserve.