When a car collision harms you in San Antonio, you may be left with severe injuries, damages, and pressure from an insurance company to immediately settle your claim. You can take legal action to protect your rights, future, and to get the compensation you deserve. That’s where Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm can help. A San Antonio, TX car accident lawyer from our law firm will stand up for your rights and seek full and fair compensation on your behalf.
Our law firm fights for our clients who have been victims of negligence. We understand how a person’s negligent actions can cause life-threatening or life-changing injuries. If that person hadn’t been reckless, then you wouldn’t be suffering from injuries and damages. We’ll hold them accountable for what they did and fight for you to get the recovery you deserve.
How Common Are San Antonio Car Accidents?
There’s a lot of traffic traveling through the city. With highways, roundabouts, and heavy traffic, accidents can occur when someone isn’t aware of their surroundings or they aren’t paying attention to the road ahead of them. The Texas Department of Transportation reported these statistics for Crashes and Injuries: Cities and Towns in 2019:
- San Antonio had a total of 42,786 crashes.
- Of those crashes, there were 144 fatal crashes and 145 fatalities.
- There were 540 suspected serious crashes and 618 suspected serious injuries.
Many of these accidents can be prevented. Unfortunately, drivers choose to act negligently and it affects their control of their vehicle. The following can cause car accidents in Texas:
- Texting and Driving
- Drinking and Driving
- Following Too Closely
Innocent people are victims of car crashes every day. When these accidents cause terrible injuries and other losses, they deserve to have someone who will fight for their rights. A San Antonio, TX car accident lawyer will help you through this difficult time.
What Happens After an Auto Collision?
Accidents can happen out of nowhere. You may have not even seen the car before they crashed into you. When you’ve been in a crash, you can be hurt, disoriented, and not know what to do next. If you’re able, there are certain steps you can take after a car accident in San Antonio that will help preserve evidence from the scene and protect your rights in the future.
- Emergency Services Arrives. If you’re able to call for help or can tell someone to call for help, do so. This will bring emergency services to the scene. You can get first aid care and an initial assessment of how you were hurt in the crash.
- Provide Information for Police Report. The police will need to make a report of the crash. They will likely have some questions for you. When you’re recounting what happened, stick to only what you remember. If you try to fill in a gap in your memory but the detail is wrong, then this could call your account of what happened into question. You can say that you don’t remember certain parts of the crash.
- Exchange Information. If you and the other driver in the accident are able to exchange information, then you should get their name, contact information, insurance policy information, and information about their vehicle.
- Take Photographs. When you take photographs of the accident scene, you preserve evidence of what the damages looked like, the road conditions, and the scope of the accident. Make sure to get close ups of the damage, as well as the entire accident scene. Taking more photos than you think is necessary is a good idea because they could help your claim.
- Seek Medical Attention. After you’ve done all you can at the accident scene, it’s important to see your doctor as soon as possible. They’ll be able to assess your injuries and help you start treating them. This will also create a record showing that you needed medical attention after the car accident, which can help you with your claim when you’re seeking compensation.
- Speak to a Car Accident Lawyer. After you’ve seen your doctor, you should reach out to a car accident lawyer to help you with your claim. When you have legal representation from an experienced attorney, you can trust that they’ll protect your rights and best interests.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm will stand beside you when you’re seeking justice for your injuries. We understand how these injuries can affect your life. Let’s take a look at some of the common injuries that can arise from a car crash.
How Did the Car Wreck Injure You?
Car accident injuries can range from minor to severe. While some may need some treatment and time for recovery, other injuries could require surgery, intense medical attention, and care for the rest of your life. When you’re dealing with any injuries, your ability to work and perform other daily tasks will likely be inhibited.
Your Texas lawyer will investigate how you were hurt. Some of those injuries could include:
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Organ Damage
- Broken Bones
Some of your injuries may result in loss of limb or permanent disfigurement. When you have injuries that will never fully heal, you may have to relearn how to do certain things. Adjusting to living with an injury is difficult physically and emotionally. You could have to get continual treatment like physical therapy and take medication to deal with the permanent effects of catastrophic injuries.
Other injuries may not be catastrophic, but could still prevent you from working or doing other tasks how you used to. As you’re learning to live with these injuries and recover, you’re also going to need to afford these treatments.
Medical bills can become expensive, especially when you need prolonged care after a car accident. You shouldn’t have to stress about affording medical bills when you should be resting and recovering. You deserve to have peace of mind. That’s where one of our San Antonio, TX car accident lawyers can step in.
A San Antonio, TX Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Our lawyers understand how devastating a car accident can be and all the ways it can affect your life. When we’re fighting for you, we’ll examine the full scope of the accident and how you’ve suffered because of it. As we’re seeking justice for you, we’ll take the following into account:
- The Full Extent of Your Injuries. Right after your accident, you may be in shock, which can mask symptoms of your injuries. You may have more severe injuries than you realize. Seeking medical attention will help you find out the extent of your injuries. Our lawyers will wait until we know how the accident harmed you and how long it will take for you to heal.
- Medical Treatment. In addition to finding out how you were harmed, we’ll also look into the costs of your treatment. This could be costly procedures or continual therapy that will add up over time.
- Missing Work. As you’re recovering, you may not be able to work. Our lawyers will seek compensation to cover the wages you’ve lost.
- Ability to Return to Work. You may be prevented from going back to work for some time. In more severe cases, you may not be able to go back to your job. Diminished earning capacity or loss of earnings are also losses that we’ll take into consideration when calculating your compensation.
- Property Damage. Your vehicle could have significant damages. We’ll calculate the cost of repairs and include that in your losses from the accident.
- Pain and Suffering. In addition to financial losses, you may experience pain and suffering while you’re dealing with your injuries. This is another consequence of the accident that our lawyers can include in your compensation.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life. If the accident has prevented you from participating in hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy, you may experience loss of enjoyment of life. This is another nonfinancial but still related loss to your accident.
- Mental Anguish. You may have emotional distress from the wreck and your injuries. Our attorneys will also consider this when we’re calculating your compensation.
You can trust your car accident lawyer to always act in your best interests. It’s important to launch a full, thorough investigation to find out the cost of your injuries and damages. We have years of experience in fighting for clients who were injured in Texas car accidents. We’ll consult with experts and review all the evidence available so we can fight for your future.
The insurance company involved may want you to settle before you know what the accident has cost you. This settlement will likely be less than you deserve and will not help you financially recover from the accident. Our lawyers will stand up to the insurance company and fight for you to recover the full compensation that you need.
Get the Representation You Deserve
When you are recovering from an auto collision, you can seek help for your claim so you can get the justice you deserve. A San Antonio, TX car accident lawyer from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm will be at your side every step of the way. As we go through the legal process, we’ll be here to answer your questions and give you peace of mind that an experienced lawyer is advocating for you.
Contact our office today so we can begin fighting for you. We’ll meet with you in a free case evaluation to go over what happened and how your life has been affected from the resulting injuries and damages. We’ll work with you to discuss your options and help you start taking the steps to securing your financial future.