Drivers see large trucks on the road all the time. We depend on them to transport goods in and out of Texas and many people make their living in the trucking industry. When those in the trucking industry are negligent, they may cause a collision that results in catastrophic injuries and losses. If this has happened to you or a loved one, you may be eligible to hold the reckless driver or company accountable for the accident and seek compensation for your injuries. When you’re looking into your legal options, you’ll want an El Paso, TX truck accident lawyer from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm on your side.
Our law firm provides legal services to those whose lives have been severely affected because of negligence. The accident may have only taken a few minutes, but the victim and their family may be dealing with the consequences for the rest of their lives. We’re here to fight for you so you don’t have to go through this alone. Our lawyers will fight for full and fair compensation so you can get the care you need and continue to move forward.
Truck Accident Statistics in El Paso and Texas
Trucks are constantly traveling through Texas. When any of those drivers act negligently, they can cause a serious collision. Let’s take a look at the accidents in El Paso and the state of Texas.
The following are statistics for Commercial Motor Vehicle crashes and injuries in El Paso in 2020:
- El Paso had 7 fatal accidents resulting in 8 fatalities.
- 10 suspected serious crashes caused 11 suspected serious injuries.
- There were 778 total crashes.
In Texas in 2020, fatal crashes involving types of trucks included:
- 148 statewide truck crashes
- 414 tractor trailer-semi-trailer crashes
Unfortunately, these accidents are common in Texas and can completely turn someone’s life upside down, along with their families. An El Paso, TX truck accident lawyer will be there to help you get the recovery you need.
Identifying the Cause of a Truck Collision and the At-Fault Party
When you’re seeking compensation for your injuries, you will need to know the facts of your case. This includes what caused the semitruck crash to happen and whose fault it was. Our truck accident attorneys will launch a full investigation to see what led to the accident and your injuries.
Possible causes of semitrailer wrecks include:
- Fatigue. When truckers are traveling over long distances, they may drive for multiple hours over multiple days. The exhaustion can catch up with a truck driver and make them less alert, which means having reduced control of the big rig and a slower reaction time.
- Speeding. Going above the speed limit is dangerous for anyone, but big rigs need more time to slow down. When traveling faster than the speed limit, a trucker may not have enough time to set up a turn or stop their vehicle.
- Unsecured Cargo. If cargo in the trailer isn’t secured, it could move around the trailer and knock it off balance. Sometimes, cargo can fall out the back of the truck or push the trailer into the lane next to the cab.
- Distracted Driving. Truckers may need GPS for directions, but if they’re staring at their phone, their eyes will be away from the road and they cannot see what traffic is doing.
- Faulty Auto Parts. In some cases, the truck driver may not have made a mistake. An auto part on the truck could be defective and cause a collision.
As we investigate what happened, we’ll look into the truck driver, trucking company, and auto part manufacturing company as possible liable parties. The trucking company may have hired an unqualified person to operate an 18 wheeler, or they didn’t make sure their 18 wheelers have routine maintenance so they’re safe to operate. A manufacturing company may have cut corners or not informed consumers about their faulty product. We understand that holding a company accountable for what they’ve done can be intimidating, but we’ll be at your side every step of the way.
While the other side will likely have representation of their own and may try to reduce their involvement in the accident or offer you an unfair settlement, we’ll protect your rights and will fight for your future at every turn. A truck accident lawyer from our law firm will build a strong case on your behalf so you get the recovery you deserve.
In some cases, your case may need to go to court. Our Texas trial lawyers are aware this is a possibility in personal injury cases and will be ready to use the evidence we’ve gathered from the investigation to show that your accident was caused by negligence. We’ll fight for you to get compensation to cover the injuries and damages you’ve lost.
Recovering from Catastrophic Semitruck Injuries
Your El Paso, TX truck accident lawyer will then look into the extent of your injuries and what the accident cost you. Because of a big rig’s size and weight, your injuries may be severe or catastrophic—meaning they will affect you for the rest of your life. These injuries can include:
- Brain Damage
- Burn Injuries
- Loss of Limb
- Permanent Disfigurement
When you’re recovering from these injuries, you may already have a pile of medical bills for the care you’ve received, and you may have a future of consistent treatment. The costs of your medical care can be overwhelming, but that’s why our attorneys are here. We’ll look into what your medical care will cost so we can fight for your compensation to cover it. You deserve to get the treatment you need so you don’t have to choose between recovery and keeping food on the table.
As you recover, you also deserve peace of mind knowing other costs will be covered. Your lawyers will include the other damages in your compensation:
- Loss Wages
- Diminished Earning Capacity/Loss of Earnings
- Property Damage
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Mental Anguish
We’ll examine each aspect of the accident and the losses you’ve suffered to maximize the compensation you can recover. You can depend on us to always fight for what’s best for you.
Our Law Firm Represents Truck Accident Victims
A truck collision can cause devastating losses to a family. Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm will help you get back on track. With our lawyers on your side, you’ll always have someone looking out for your best interests and will not let representatives from the other party intimidate you into settling for less than you deserve. An experienced El Paso, TX truck accident lawyer will stand up for you and fight for your future.
We can start helping you when you reach out for a free case evaluation. Our lawyers will go over what happened, how you were injured, and begin the legal process so you can get justice.