Trucks drive in and out of Dallas every day. Whether they’re involved in the oil industry centered around the Permian Basin, or transporting other goods to the city, drivers often have to share the road with these large commercial vehicles. While you may drive carefully around these vehicles, the truck driver may not be as careful. If they make a negligent decision behind the wheel or the truck isn’t properly secured, then they could cause an accident. When you’re dealing with the serious injuries and losses following a truck collision, you can seek help from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm. A Dallas, TX truck accident lawyer will fight for you to get compensation and justice.
You deserve to have peace of mind when you’re recovering from an 18 wheeler accident. Our lawyers will take care of your claim so you can work on what matters most: healing. We’ll answer your questions and stand at your side through every step of the legal process so you don’t have to fight this alone.
How Can a Dallas, TX Truck Accident Lawyer Help You Get Justice?
In 2019, Texas had 19,287 large truck crashes that resulted in 710 fatalities and 11,308 injuries. When these accidents affect Dallas residents, they deserve to have someone to help them protect their rights. Our lawyers have seen how tractor-trailer accidents can devastate a family. We’ll fight to get you the help you deserve.
When we’re investigating your case, we’ll gather evidence to show the following points:
- The other party owed you a duty of care.
- The party acted negligently.
- Their negligence caused the accident.
- You were harmed in the accident.
After we’ve established that the accident caused your injuries and damages and you weren’t at fault, then we’ll look into how the accident affected you. Your attorney will find the total economic and noneconomic damages you’ve suffered and seek compensation that covers them.
Your lawyer will look into the following losses:
- Medical Expenses. The medical bills after a semitrailer collision can be high. You may have already incurred medical debt from the care you’ve received. However, you may need care for the considerable future or for the rest of your life. Surgeries, rehabilitation, physical therapy, medication, and other forms of medical treatment can add up quickly.
- Lost Wages. You need time to heal and will likely miss work. We’ll calculate how much work you’ll miss and seek compensation for your lost wages.
- Property Damage. Your vehicle could have been severely damaged or even totaled in the accident. Repair costs could be the last thing on your mind when you’re focusing on affording medical care, but our lawyers will find the costs of the damage and include that in your financial losses.
- Diminished Earning Capacity/Loss of Income. You may not be able to return to your previous job. If you have to take a lower-paying position due to your injuries, you can seek damages for diminished earning capacity. However, if you aren’t able to return to the workforce at all, your lawyer will include loss of income in your compensation.
- Pain and Suffering. Your injuries may cause daily pain and suffering. Your lawyer can include this in your compensation by looking at how severely the injuries affect your life and how long you’ll have to deal with them.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life. If you’ve sustained a permanent injury or have a long road to recovery, the way you lived your life before the accident may feel like it’s put on hold. The loss of enjoyment of life you’re experiencing is considered a noneconomic damage that your lawyer can factor into your compensation.
- Mental Anguish. Your injuries after a collision with a big rig can cause emotional distress and mental anguish. While this internal struggle may not be apparent through injury, it’s still a result of the accident and wasn’t your fault. You can recover compensation for the mental anguish you’re experiencing.
You can trust your Dallas, TX truck accident lawyer to obtain full and fair compensation for you. We’re going to act in your best interests no matter what.
How Does Negligence Cause Truck Accidents in Dallas?
Many factors can contribute to a truck accident, but there’s usually one common factor: negligence. Let’s take a look at some common causes of commercial truck accidents:
- Truck Driver Exhaustion. When a truck driver is tired, they may try to push through the exhaustion to get to their destination. They may even ignore regulations for when they’re supposed to rest. Fatigue can reduce their reaction time and they could fall asleep at the wheel.
- Distractions. Using a cell phone, changing the radio station, and eating and driving are all forms of distraction. If a trucker is more focused on the distraction than the road, they could hit another vehicle.
- Speeding. If a driver isn’t familiar with the area, they may not know about sharp turns or narrow lanes. They could drive too fast through a certain part of a road and lose control of the truck. If they’re turning, this could result in a rollover accident.
- Improper Cargo Loading. Unsecured cargo could roll around in the trailer. It may knock the trailer out and to the side of the tractor-trailer and cause a jackknife accident.
- Driver Inexperience. Truckers who don’t have the training or experience to be behind the wheel may not know how to handle a large truck. They need to allow the vehicle more time to speed up, slow down, and maneuver the vehicle. An inexperienced trucker could cause an override or underride accident.
Determining what happened in your accident will require the skill of an experienced Dallas, TX truck accident lawyer. We’ll review all the evidence surrounding the accident, consult with accident reconstructionist experts if necessary, and speak with eyewitnesses. We’ll find out who was driving and the name of the trucking company.
We’ll Find Out Who Was Responsible for Your Accident
You’ll need to know who caused the accident so you can get compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys will investigate to find who acted negligently. Three possible parties that could be held liable for your injuries include:
- Truck Driver. If the trucker made an error or negligent decision, they could have caused the truck accident. They may have been driving when they should have been resting or driving too fast for road conditions. Our lawyers will see if they were violating any regulations or laws.
- Trucking Company. If the trucking company has negligent hiring practices or didn’t make sure their trucks were safe for the road, then they could have been the reason why your accident happened. They could have overloaded a truck or failed to secure the cargo.
- Truck Manufacturer. A truck part could have been defective and malfunctioned. In this case, a manufacturer that makes truck parts could have been responsible for your accident.
When you’re holding someone accountable for a truck accident, you’re going to need representation because they will likely have representation, too. Our lawyers will not be intimidated when the representatives from the party that caused your collision tries to avoid responsibility for their negligence. We’ll build a strong case that shows they made a dangerous decision that harmed you. Then, we can begin seeking justice for you.
Truck Accident Injuries Can Be Debilitating
When an 18 wheeler hits your vehicle, it’s likely to do more damage than a regular-sized vehicle. The commercial truck has considerable size and weight, and its contents could also contribute to the severity of the injuries. You could have injuries that will never fully heal and could prevent you from returning to work. These are referred to as catastrophic injuries and can change how you live your life. A trucking accident could cause catastrophic injuries like:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Loss of Limb
- Burn Injuries
Adjusting your life to a catastrophic injury can be major. You may need assistance with medical equipment and regular medical care for the future. When your life has been turned upside down following a truck accident, a Dallas, TX truck accident lawyer will help you get the financial security you need.
What If the Trucking Company Contacts You?
If the trucking company contacts you, they may try to offer you a settlement for your case. While this settlement may seem like a favorable option at first so you can put the matter behind you, it’s likely not going to be as helpful and could cause financial issues in the future. They will not diligently investigate the total emotional, physical, and financial losses that you’ve suffered like your Dallas, TX truck accident lawyer.
When we’re representing you, we’ll handle your case and go through the negotiation process with the other party involved in the crash. We have experience in communicating with trucking companies and insurance companies while always keeping our clients’ best interests in mind.
You deserve compensation that will allow you to get medical care, cover your lost wages, and include the emotional losses that you’ve suffered as well. Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm will fight for you to have that.
Get the Justice You Need Today
When you’ve been injured in a semitrailer accident, you could be facing high costs for treatment. Some of your injuries may affect you for the rest of your life. You need a lawyer who will maximize your compensation so you’re able to heal without worrying about medical bills and keep food on the table. Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm will stand up to the negligent trucking company and fight for your future.
Our trial lawyers in Texas will represent you in court if the case proceeds to that point. When we start investigating your case, we’ll gather all the facts and prepare for that possible outcome.
Reach out to our law office today so we can start fighting for you. There are time limits on personal injury claims and you do not want to miss the statute of limitations. We’ll be able to tell you the time frame that you have to come forward. Our attorneys are ready to discuss your legal options in an obligation-free consultation.