The oil industry is booming in Texas. It’s employed myriad people in the state as there are many types of jobs available at an oil field. While many people support themselves and their families through the oil industry, these sites can be dangerous when accidents occur. Hardworking people can sustain serious injuries and damages in preventable accidents. If this has happened to you or a loved one, you can seek justice for your injuries and losses. To protect your rights and give yourself the best chance of recovering compensation, you’ll need a Dallas, TX oil field injury lawyer on your side.
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we know how frustrating it can be to deal with your injuries after an accident and an uncooperative oil company. We’re here so you don’t have to worry about your legal claim being wrongfully denied or to have any of the fault based on you. When you were a victim of another’s negligence, our lawyers will make sure your voice is heard. We’ll work hard to maximize your compensation so you’re able to recover and be with your family.
What Makes Oil Field Accidents and Injuries So Dangerous?
Oil field workers are often dealing with heavy equipment and hazardous substances. If they do not have the safety equipment they need, then they can sustain serious injuries or worse.
According to the CDC, in the period of 2003-2013, the oil and gas industry had an increase of 27.6% for work-related fatalities, which came to 1,189 deaths. However, during this time the annual occupational fatality rate had decreased by 36.3%.
Of the occupational fatalities, about 2/3 of worker fatalities occurred in transportation incidents and incidents involving objects and equipment. Both of these categories are parts of the oil industry.
Oil field workers have endless tasks and jobs. Some are working with equipment, transporting goods to and from the site, some are maintaining the site, and then there are managers or supervisors. If someone acts negligently, they could cause accidents like:
- Truck Accidents. Driver fatigue, distracted driving, speeding, and other negligent driving behaviors can result in accidents. It’s also possible for the driver to not have the experience or the truck may not be road-ready. Oil field truck accidents can easily cause fatalities.
- Caught In-Between Accidents. With all the heavy machinery on the oil site, workers can get caught in between equipment and sustain serious injuries like loss of limb, broken bones, or spinal cord injuries.
- Fires/Explosions. If a flammable substance catches on fire, those near it may sustain burn injuries. In the event of an explosion, those close to the blast can lose their lives.
- Exposure to Harmful Substances. Workers may be around toxic chemicals that could cause illness or other diseases. They may not begin to show symptoms until after the illness has progressed.
- Falling/Falling Object Accidents. Unsecure platforms or objects could result in workers falling or objects falling on to workers. When a worker falls or an object strikes them, they can suffer debilitating traumatic brain injuries.
- Faulty Equipment Accidents. An experienced worker could be operating equipment and an accident could still occur if that equipment is defective.
The injuries after these kinds of incidents are often debilitating and catastrophic. Oil field workers’ lives can change in an instant. They could have permanent disabilities, disfigurement, and they could need continued care for the rest of their lives.
The costs of medical care and having the means to move forward can be staggering—but that’s why we’re here. Your Dallas, TX oil field injury lawyer will help you get justice.
How Can You Protect Your Rights After a Texas Oil Field Accident?
When you’ve been hurt on an oil field, it’s vital that you take actions to protect your rights. Unfortunately, it’s unlikely that the oil company will automatically accept responsibility or offer you the compensation you deserve so you can recover. A few items you can take care of to protect your future include:
- Report Your Injury and Seek Medical Treatment. If you’re hurt in an injury, it’s important for you to stop and report it to your supervisor immediately so there’s a record. Continuing to work could worsen your injuries. Then, you need to visit a doctor who can evaluate your injuries.
- Speak to a Lawyer. After you’ve seen a doctor, reach out to a Dallas, TX oil field injury lawyer. They’re going to act in your best interests and seek maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Do Not Make Official Statements. The oil company may have insurance adjusters reach out to get information from you, or to get you to make an official statement. They can use this to reduce your compensation. It’s vital to have a lawyer to help facilitate communication so your claim isn’t put in jeopardy.
Once you have a lawyer on your side, you can leave your legal matters to them while you work on healing. Our attorneys understand how devastating oil field injuries can be. Let’s take a look at how we can help you move forward.
A Dallas, TX Oil Field Injury Lawyer Can Fight for Your Future
After an oilfield injury, your lawyer will start investigating your case. We’ll examine who was on the site that day, what caused the accident, who was responsible, and how you were hurt. It’s possible the oil company is responsible for your injuries, but there could have been other parties on the oil site that were negligent. If your injuries happened because of an equipment malfunction, the manufacturer may be held liable for your injuries.
We’re going to look at more than the injuries you’ve sustained. We’ll look at the time it will take for you to recover, what your treatment will cost, and if your injuries will have permanent consequences. As we find all the ways the accident has affected your life, we’ll seek full recovery for damages like:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Diminished Earning Capacity/Loss of Earnings
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress/Mental Anguish
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Loss of Consortium
If you’ve lost a loved one in an oil field accident, our lawyers can help you get justice for them and fight for your family to get financial recovery. This may give you some peace of mind so you can grieve for your loved one without worrying about bills and other expenses.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm Has Experienced Attorneys
We’re dedicated to helping our clients and their families. When an oil field accident causes serious injuries or death, you deserve to have representation that will always put your best interests first. We’ll be at your side throughout the entire legal process.
Our attorneys will answer your questions, go over concerns, and will fight for you to get the best outcome possible. If your case needs to go to court, our Texas trial lawyers are ready. We’ve fought for clients in the courtroom and will prepare a strong case on your behalf.
Don’t wait to reach out to our law firm for a free case evaluation. The first consultation is completely free. We’ll discuss your options and find the best way for you to move forward.