Riding through Arlington on a motorcycle can be freeing and exciting. Even though you’re under the hot Texas sun, you can still feel the open whipping around you to keep you cool. That’s why motorcycles are so appealing—they allow you to get from one place to another without feeling trapped within the walls of a vehicle. However, some of the most appealing aspects of a motorcycle are what makes them so dangerous in the event of a wreck.
When you get into a collision while on a motorcycle, you could suffer catastrophic damages that change the rest of your life. Our Arlington, TX motorcycle accident lawyer is here to represent you and ensure you get compensation for the injuries and other damages you incurred from your motorbike crash.
Choosing to get on a motorcycle shouldn’t be an acceptance of injuries—when you’re being as safe as possible, you shouldn’t have to pay for damages caused by someone else’s negligence. That’s why our attorneys are here to fight for your rights and help you recover what you’re owed.
Texas Motorcycle Accident Statistics
When looking at the types of motorcycle accidents that occur in Arlington, it’s important to note the proportion of collisions that don’t cause any injuries compared to the amount that do. Let’s take a look at the levels of injuries caused by motorcycle wrecks Texas, and the number of victims in each type, according to the Texas Department of Transportation:
- 1,084 non-injury crashes
- 1,607 possible injury crashes
- 2,559 non-incapacitating injury crashes
- 1,821 serious injury crashes
- 499 fatal injury crashes
Looking at these numbers, you can see that it’s more common for a motorcycle wreck to lead to injuries than not. That’s why it’s so important to riders to wear all of the required and even the not required safety gear so that they are as protected as possible in the event of a crash.
In general, more of these collisions happened in urban areas as opposed to rural areas. However, both can be dangerous for motorcyclists if other motorists are not as careful as they need to be. Riders shouldn’t feel a safe sense of security on rural roads just because less wrecks happened there—you should remain aware no matter where you are.
An Arlington, TX motorcycle accident attorney from our firm can help represent you after getting into a wreck that was someone else’s fault. Now that you understand how many motorbike crashes result in injuries, let’s take a look at what kinds of injuries you might have suffered.
Common Motorcycle Wreck Injuries in Arlington
As mentioned above, there are many different levels of injuries that you could suffer when you’re collided with while riding a motorcycle. More often than not, a motorcycle accident will result in the rider getting hurt. Ranging from mild to severe, and even fatal, here are some of the most common injuries that riders can suffer when they’re in a wreck in Arlington:
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Road Rash
- Internal Organ Damage and Bleeding
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Neck and Back Injuries
Any combination of these injuries could lead to serious consequences for the rest of your life. Even the mild injuries could keep you out of work for a few days or affect your ability to complete tasks that you used to. As the harm gets worse down the list, your every day life could be impacted, and you might not be able to live the same way.
It’s important to get treated immediately after an accident because you might not even know that you’ve been hurt. Getting a medical evaluation can help you quickly identify your injuries and start treatment right away. This also provides you with documentation that can later be used if you decide to file a legal claim.
When you weren’t the person who caused this wreck and its damages, you shouldn’t have to worry about how you’re going to pay the medical bills you incur. You could be dealing with new bills, lost wages, and future costs of care, but that shouldn’t be your responsibility. Our Arlington, TX motorcycle accident lawyer is here to help you get the compensation you deserve for your damages.
What To Do After a Wreck as a Motorcyclist
Even though you don’t want to consider a collision as an outcome when you decide to hop on your bike for a ride, it’s vital to keep in mind that it’s always a possibility. That way, when the worst case scenario happens, you’re prepared to take the necessary actions to ensure you get the most help possible. Here are the vital steps that you need to know so that you can take action immediately after a motorcycle accident:
- Get to Safety. Your first step should be evaluating yourself for injuries and trying to get to safety as best as possible. If you can move, you should get out of traffic’s way and to the side of the road so that you are safe for your next steps.
- Call 911. Calling 911 as soon as you can is essential to getting emergency services on the scene as quickly as possible. They’ll send an ambulance and the police so that they can assess the scene.
- Speak with Police. If you’re able to, speak with the police when they get there. You shouldn’t report any assumptions you have from the collision—you should only tell them facts. It’s also important that you don’t place blame on anyone and that you don’t apologize.
- Exchange Information. Once you’ve spoken with the police, you should exchange information with the other drivers on the scene. That way, you have their contact and insurance information if you need it. Getting contact information from witnesses can also be helpful.
- Take Photographs. Having photographic evidence of the scene can help you later while dealing with insurance and any legal claims. Take pictures of the damages, your injuries, any roadway conditions, and anything else you think is relevant.
- Seek Medical Treatment. After all of this, you’ll want to seek medical treatment so that you can be evaluated. Even if you don’t think you’ve been harmed, you could still have injuries that are masked from adrenaline. A medical professional can evaluate you and ensure you’re treated.
- Hire a Lawyer. Lastly, you’ll want to have an experienced attorney on your side so that you know you have legal help. Our Arlington, TX motorcycle accident lawyer is prepared to fight for you so that you can get justice for what happened to you.
Our Experienced Lawyers Are Here to Represent You in Your Claim
Motorcycle wrecks can be devastating. When you experience one in Arlington, you shouldn’t have to deal with the aftermath on your own. At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we’re here to support you throughout your claim so that you can recover what you’re owed.
Our Arlington, TX motorcycle accident attorney is an expert at representing victims. We fight for our clients to get full and fair compensation for their injuries and other damages. Contact our office today so that you can schedule a free consultation.