No matter how safe you are as a driver, you could still get into a car accident when another driver isn’t as careful as you are. Negligence of any kind can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle and crash into other vehicles and objects around them. Just because you’re paying attention behind the wheel doesn’t mean other drivers are. When that happens and causes a wreck, you could use the help of our Arlington, TX car accident lawyer.
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we know how devastating car crashes can be. When you’ve been hurt and suffered from other damages, you might not know where to turn or how to recover financially from everything that happened. That’s where our attorneys come in and can help you get the compensation that you deserve from all the damages you’ve sustained.
Tarrant County Car Crash Statistics
Arlington is no stranger to auto wrecks. Depending on how they occur and the logistics of the accident, some collisions can happen, and everyone involved can leave the scene without a scratch. Some crashes might cause minor injuries, others severe injuries, and even still, others can cause fatalities.
In 2020, Tarrant County had a total of 27,471 car accidents of varying severity. The Texas Department of Transportation collected the totals of the different types of crashes that happened in Tarrant County by the types of injuries suffered, they are:
- 15,597 non-injury crashes
- 6,117 possible injury crashes
- 3,409 non-incapacitating injury crashes
- 781 suspected serious injury crashes
- 182 fatal crashes
According to the Texas Department of Transportation’s Crash Report for 2020, the entire state had an increase in deaths from motor vehicle accidents that year. The average miles travelled in the state also increased that year. This means that people were driving more, and likely driving more recklessly since fatalities increased so much in 2020.
As a driver in Texas, you could use help from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm when you’ve been in a wreck with another vehicle. When you weren’t at fault, our Arlington, TX car accident attorney can help you prove the other party was responsible for what happened to you. The first thing they’ll investigate is what happened. Let’s take a look at the different causes of car crashes in Arlington.
Common Causes of Auto Wrecks in Texas
What caused your collision is one of the most important parts of your claim. This lets your car accident lawyer determine who was at fault because they can look into the exact cause. From there, they’ll use the evidence of the cause to prove which party was at fault, because it’s not always cut and dry. Here are some of the most common causes of auto wrecks that lawyers in Arlington see:
- Distracted Driving. Anything that takes a driver’s attention from the road is considered a distraction. This can easily lead to accidents because driving is a task that requires full attention to stay in the lane, go the proper speed, and avoid collisions with other drivers. Actions like texting, messing with the radio, eating, and applying makeup can all be distractions that lead to an accident.
- Drunk Driving. When a driver chooses to drink and get behind the wheel, they know that it’s illegal and that they don’t have the proper reaction times, awareness, or motor functions to safely drive. Inebriated driving could also include being on drugs that harm your ability to drive. Driving under the influence is illegal and incredibly dangerous.
- Speeding. Driving at a higher speed than the posted speed limit is dangerous for many reasons. You have less control over your vehicle, you are moving more quickly on the road than is safe for that street, and you have slower time to react in the event of an object or another obstacle. This can lead to many collisions because drivers who speed aren’t paying attention to their surroundings.
- Intersections. Even though intersections are natural occurrences on the road, they can be some of the most dangerous places because cars are crossing traffic. Even when there are lights at intersections to keep them as safe as possible, people can still blow through red lights and cause crashes.
- Defective Auto Part. Even if your car was inspected and deemed to be safe, the parts on your car could still malfunction and cause an accident. Some of the most commonly defective auto parts are brakes and tires, which either one of those having a problem could lead to a deadly accident.
- Construction. If you’re not paying attention, construction zones could cause dangerous situations for drivers. Even if you are paying attention, the merging, closed shoulders, and other obstacles could lead to collisions between vehicles.
- Bad Weather. No matter how careful you are, sometimes bad weather can happen and lead to crashes. Snow, ice, rain, and high winds can all have negative influences on your driving abilities and lead to serious wrecks.
Any of the above on their own could lead to a collision, but a mix of multiple causes could also be the reason you were in a car accident. These aren’t the only causes of car crashes, though. Even if you don’t recognize what happened to you listed above, you could still have a claim. Our Arlington, TX car accident lawyer can help you determine what options you have after your wreck.
Injuries You Might Have Suffered in Your Car Crash
Once your attorney determines what happened to cause your crash and who was responsible, they’ll start gathering evidence of the injuries that you sustained. These can help prove negligence occurred and will also help them calculate how much you’re owed in compensation.
Here are some of the injuries you might be dealing with after your collision with another vehicle:
- Bruises and Cuts
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
It’s important that you seek medical attention immediately after a wreck so that you can be evaluated, have your injuries recorded, and get treatment right away. Even if you don’t think you’re hurt, you should go to a doctor or the hospital because the shock could be masking your symptoms.
Your Arlington, TX car accident attorney will help you through this process so that you can get full and fair compensation for your damages. Injuries could leave you out of work and unable to pay your bills, which is why having a lawyer on your side is essential—we will keep you from settling so that you can recover what you’re owed.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm Is Here for You
You shouldn’t have to worry about getting justice for the wreck you were in on your own. When you didn’t cause the collision that led to your injuries and damages, you shouldn’t have to pay for what you’ve incurred. It should be the responsibility of the liable party whose negligence caused your crash. That’s where Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm comes in.
Our Arlington, TX car accident lawyer is here to represent you and ensure that you get the full and fair compensation that you’re owed for your damages. We’ll guide you through the legal process every step of the way so that you can feel confident in your claim. Reach out to us today for a free consultation.