In New Mexico, especially Rio Rancho, you could want the freeing feeling of riding a motorcycle through the desert. Our city’s hot, dry climate can make you more willing to ride a motorcycle because you can feel the breeze by driving in the open air. Even though the sun can be hot, riding a motorbike can make it less grueling.
Even though riding a motorcycle can be fun, it can also be dangerous because you’re more exposed to the elements and other vehicles. You don’t have the protection that a regular vehicle has, which can lead to serious injuries and other catastrophic damages if you’re in a collision. If you’ve been hurt, you could use the help of our Rio Rancho, NM motorcycle accident lawyer.
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we know how devastating a wreck on your motorbike can be. That’s why we’re prepared to support you through your legal claim so that you can recover damages that the negligent party caused you.
Causes of Moto Wrecks in Rio Rancho
After you were in a motorcycle accident, you might be wondering what happened to cause your wreck. You deserve to know whose negligence is what directly led to your injuries and damages so that you can hold them responsible and get the compensation that you deserve for what you’ve suffered.
When you hire a lawyer to represent you, they’ll look into the cause so that they can determine who was liable. There are a few different scenarios that attorneys typically see as causes of motorcycle crashes in Rio Rancho, they are:
- Left Turns. Left turns are some of the most dangerous kinds of maneuvers for motorcyclists. If a motorcyclist doesn’t see a car coming through an intersection, or if a vehicle doesn’t see a motorcycle turning left or going through an intersection, they can easily collide because the vehicle isn’t looking for a smaller object on the road. These are especially dangerous because bikers get hit broadside and thrown off their motorbikes.
- Distracted Driving. Drivers and motorcyclists alike can be distracted while on the road. When either one isn’t fully paying attention to where they’re going and not looking out for other people who could be sharing the road, they can cause a serious collision between a motorcycle and a passenger car.
- Drunk Driving. Drunk driving is illegal, but unfortunately, that doesn’t stop drivers and motorcyclists from getting behind the wheel when they’ve had alcoholic drinks or drugs that impair their body. Driving under the influence can slow reaction times and dull decision-making skills, which can lead to crashes.
- Bad Roads. If there isn’t proper maintenance on the roads, then there can be obstacles like potholes, downed objects, and other hazards that can cause motorcyclists or drivers to lose control of their vehicles.
- Poor Weather. In New Mexico, we can also have bad weather in the form of high winds, heavy rains, and even tornados. When the weather conditions are dangerous for regular vehicles, they can be even more dangerous for motorcycles because they don’t have the protection of a car surrounding them, and they aren’t as heavy and anchored to the road like other cars.
- Defective Part. If a car part isn’t as sturdy as you expected it to be and malfunctions, that can cause a collision. In a regular car, part defects can cause serious accidents, but with motorcycles, they can be even worse. If a tire blows, a part breaks, or a helmet doesn’t work properly, a motorcyclist could die from the faulty product.
You might recognize one or more of the situations above as what caused your wreck. Or you might not see what happened to you listed above at all. That doesn’t mean that negligence wasn’t involved.
If you weren’t the person who caused your crash, then you could use the help of a Rio Rancho, NM motorcycle accident attorney. They’ll be able to investigate the cause of your collision so that you can get justice for what you suffered.
Common Injuries from Motorcycle Crashes
Once you learn what led to your moto wreck, you might be considering your injuries and whether or not you’re experiencing physical damages that are typically suffered as a result of a collision. In motorcycle crashes, the injuries that are suffered by motorcyclists are typically catastrophic and life-changing since their bodies are fully exposed in the event of a wreck.
Not only do their bodies suffer trauma from the force of another vehicle striking them, but they can also suffer further injuries when they hit the ground or any other object on the way down. There are certain injuries that are more commonly seen after a collision on a motorcycle. They are:
- Bruises and cuts
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
It’s important to consider all the injuries that you could sustain in a worst-case scenario while on your bike. That’s why you should always wear the proper gear and a protective helmet—you never know when someone else’s negligence could directly impact you.
There’s only so much you can do to prevent an accident when other drivers on the road aren’t paying attention. When you’ve been in a motor wreck, you could use the help of a Rio Rancho, NM motorcycle accident lawyer can help you hold the negligent driver responsible for the damages they’ve caused.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm Will Support You
After being in a motorcycle crash, you’re already dealing with a lot of stress and obstacles. You’re likely trying to heal from your physical and emotional injuries, recover from your medical bills, and figure out how you’re going to pay your other bills because you have been out of work. That’s where a Rio Rancho, NM motorcycle accident lawyer comes in.
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we understand that this is a vulnerable time in your life. You deserve to get justice, but it shouldn’t cost you your peace of mind. That’s why our experienced attorneys are here to handle the legal side of things for you. Contact our office today so we can start discussing your legal options.