Many Tucson motorcyclists can ride their bikes at any time they want. While this area may be a biker’s paradise, negligent drivers can cause accidents that cause a lot of harm to motorcyclists. If you or a loved one was in an accident, the resulting injuries and damages could have you feeling overwhelmed and uncertain about who you can turn to for help. A Tucson, AZ motorcycle accident lawyer from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm can take your case and fight for your future.
Our experienced attorneys understand how serious injuries can affect your life and how complex motorcycle accident claims can be. We will make sure your claim is handled properly and on time, will answer your questions about your case, and will explain what you can expect. When you have us at your side, you’ll have dedicated lawyers who will always represent your best interests. We’ll be at your side of the legal process every step of the way.
Why Do Motorcycle Collisions Happen?
The accident may have happened so fast you don’t know what caused it. Your lawyers will find out what happened and also use this information to identify the negligent party. While there are many factors that can cause a collision, there are a few common situations that lead to motorcycle wrecks in Arizona.
- Left-Hand Turns. According to the NHTSA, 42% of fatal motorcycle accident crashes occurred at a left-hand turn. When motorists are turning left, they may not see the motorcyclist traveling straight through. This could be because they didn’t spot the motorcyclist or misjudged how fast they were going and thought there was time to make the turn.
- Speeding. A speeding driver may not have enough time to slow down or stop to avoid colliding with a biker. If a driver was going above the speed limit, the motorcyclist may sustain more severe injuries.
- Aggressive Driving. An aggressive driver may follow other motorcyclists too closely or cut them off when merging or changing lanes. If the driver is too close to the rider, they could bump the tire and knock the rider off balance.
- Distractions. If a driver is looking at their phone, changing the radio station, or dealing with another distraction in the car, then they may not see if traffic is slowing, stopping, or if a motorcyclist has pulled in front of them. The driver could cause a collision without even knowing they were going to crash.
The actions above show that the accident could have been prevented if the other driver hadn’t been reckless. The injuries you’ve sustained are because of their careless actions. The responsibility of financially recovering from these injuries shouldn’t fall on you. That’s where a Tucson, AZ motorcycle accident lawyer can help.
What to Do After Motorcycle Accident in Tucson
When you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to know what to do next. While you may feel confused or in pain, remaining calm and doing what you can at the accident scene can help your claim in the future. Follow these steps to protect your health and your rights:
- Get to Safety. After an accident, you may still be in traffic. If you’re able to move, get to a safe spot where you’re out of traffic.
- Contact Help. Call for help so police and other first responders will get to the scene. If you’re not able to make this call, instruct someone else to do so. When help gets there, allow the medics to administer first aid. Motorcyclists often sustain serious injuries because they don’t have the protection a vehicle provides.
- Gather Evidence. If you’re able to gather evidence, your lawyer may be able to use this to help fight for your rights. Photographs of the accident scene and the road conditions can provide information about the severity of the crash and if there were other contributing factors to why it happened.
- Provide Statement to Police. The police will make an accident report and will need to speak with you. When you’re providing your side of the story, you should try to be as accurate and detailed as possible.
- Exchange Information. You should get the other driver’s information so you have what you need for your claim. This includes their name, insurance policy information, vehicle information, and ways to contact them.
- Get a Medical Evaluation. You’re going to need to know the extent of your injuries and what you’re going to need to do to recover. Go to your doctor as soon as possible so you have your injuries documented on your medical records.
- Seek Legal Representation. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will help you with your claim. Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm can fight for you.
Your lawyer can use the evidence that you’ve collected and they will conduct their own investigation to gather as much evidence as possible. They’ll build a strong claim to show:
- You were owed a duty of care.
- The other driver acted negligently.
- Their negligence caused the accident.
- You suffered injuries and other damages after the accident.
Let’s look at what you can recover when you have a motorcycle accident lawyer on your side.
How Can a Tucson, AZ Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help You?
When you’re recovering from a motorcycle crash, your lawyer will look at every aspect of the accident so you can get the recovery you deserve. We’ll examine all your injuries and losses and how long you’ll have them so your compensation accurately reflects what you’ve lost. The two main losses we’ll look at include your financial losses, called economic damages, and your nonfinancial losses, called noneconomic damages.
- Economic Damages. As you receive treatment for injuries, your medical expenses may start to add up. The medical care you’ve received and will need to afford in the future can be financially overwhelming, but our lawyers can help. We’ll calculate what your medical care will cost so you can get the care you need without worrying about debt. Other economic damages include lost wages from missing work, diminished earning capacity if you cannot go back to your job, and loss of earnings if you can’t return to the work force. Property damage is another financial loss we’ll include.
- Noneconomic Damages. The other outcomes of the accident can include pain and suffering from your injuries, loss of enjoyment of life, and mental anguish. You may have permanent injuries or are unable to live your life as you used to for a long time. Our lawyers will take the noneconomic damages into account as well.
If you’re dealing with an insurance company that’s trying to make you settle for less than you deserve, our lawyers will stand up for you. Motorcyclists are often fighting an uphill battle because they are viewed as reckless or as the ones who take risks on the road. We know this isn’t true. This is why we conduct a full investigation so we can prove how the other party acted negligently and caused your injuries.
Get Representation from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm
When motorcycle accident injuries have put your life on hold, our law firm can fight for you. Our dedicated motorcycle accident lawyers will take care of your case and give you the strongest chance of having a successful outcome. With our experience, tenacity, and passion for justice, we’ll handle your case so you can work on healing.
After an accident, the time you have to come forward with a claim starts. If you wait too long, you may not be able to seek compensation. Our lawyers will begin working on your claim as soon as possible. All you have to do is reach out for a free case evaluation, where we can go over your case and find the best way to help you move forward.