When you’re living your life, whether that’s going to work or school, and you’re handling responsibilities like paying bills and taking care of yourself, an accident can throw everything off center. As you’re trying to get back to normal, you’re dealing with injuries, bills, and you may wonder how long your recovery process will take. The costs of an accident can be high and can become quickly overwhelming. But you do have options for legal action. You can hold the negligent party responsible for their actions and seek justice for what you’ve been through. The Phoenix, AZ personal injury lawyers from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm can help you through this process.
Our law firm will help residents in Phoenix and other cities and towns in Arizona get the representation they deserve. We understand how someone’s negligent actions can upset a hardworking person’s life and how quickly it can seem like there’s nothing but piling medical bills, calls from debt collectors, and a long road to recovery. If you or a loved one is going through this, our personal injury lawyers are here to help.
We’re here to guide you through the legal process so you’re able to recover compensation for your injuries and damages. You shouldn’t have to worry about how you’re going to continue medical treatment when another person’s negligence is the reason you need it. Our lawyers will always keep your best interests in mind and we’ll seek compensation that will allow you to have the security you need so you can recover and move forward.
Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Handle All Types of Cases
Personal injury law covers different types of motor vehicle accidents, negligence in places of medical care and senior care, negligence on properties, and accidents in the workplace. All of these cases can quickly become complex in determining who was at fault and should be held accountable, which is why it’s so important to have our Phoenix, AZ personal injury lawyers on your side. We have experience representing clients who have suffered losses because of:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Premises Liability
- Medical Malpractice
In any of these situations, an accident can cause severe injuries and damages. While the accident may have taken a few minutes, you could be dealing with the consequences of the accident for weeks, months, or sometimes the accident may cause permanent injuries. When you’ve been involved in an accident that’s harmed you, it can feel like your world has been turned upside down. That’s where our law firm can help.
We’ll maximize your compensation and help you get the recovery you need. Our attorneys will protect your rights so you’re able to heal financially, physically, and emotionally.
What Are the Elements of a Personal Injury Case?
As our personal injury lawyers investigate your case, we’ll need to show certain elements were present so you’re able to get justice. We’ll consult medical reports, police reports, eyewitness accounts, and all other forms of evidence so we have the whole story.
When we’re building your case, we’ll make sure to do the following:
- Establish Duty of Care. The other party owed you a duty of care to act responsibly and not cause you harm.
- Show the Other Party Acted Negligently. Instead of acting responsibly, the other party made a negligent decision.
- Prove Their Negligence Caused Your Accident. Their negligent actions are what led to the accident that involved you.
- Show How You Suffered Injuries and Damages. Because you were in the accident, you sustained injuries and damages that wouldn’t have happened had the other party acted responsibly.
We’ll make sure to have the evidence that shows you were a victim of negligence. You deserve the best chance of receiving full and fair compensation for your injuries. This also means your Phoenix, AZ personal injury lawyers will need to prepare if your case needs to go to court.
Our lawyers are aware that some cases may not be able to reach a settlement outside of the courtroom. Any case may need to be tried in court. When our trial lawyers are seeking justice on your behalf, we’ll always keep this possibility in mind as we’re gathering evidence and building arguments for your case.
If your case needs to go to court in Arizona, our personal injury attorneys will be there for you. We understand how this can be a nerve-wracking experience and it can take time—which may cause some level of stress because you want to handle the matter and start moving on. While going to court will take some time, it may be the option that will give you the best chance of getting justice. We’re ready to represent you in court and will help you be ready for that day, too.
How Will Your Phoenix, AZ Personal Injury Lawyers Fight for You?
When you’ve been hurt, you need to have representation you can count on to protect your rights. Experienced Phoenix, AZ personal injury lawyers from our law firm will always fight for your best interests. We understand how an accident can have a significant impact on your life. The injuries and losses may cause issues that may continue far into the future. Your compensation could provide you with the financial stability you need so you’re able to recover.
Our lawyers are ready to help you get justice. When we’re on your side, we’ll seek full and fair compensation on your behalf. As we’re assessing how you were affected in the accident, we’ll examine both what the accident cost you physically, emotionally, and financially.
Your financial losses can be referred to as economic losses. This can include losses like:
- Medical Bills and Future Medical Expenses. The medical care you’ve received could already have added up to extensive bills. You may also need to have surgery or continued care in the future. The total costs of your medical care can be overwhelming. You shouldn’t need to worry about affording medical care and dealing with medical debt when you’re trying to recover. Our lawyers will fight for you so your compensation covers your medical expenses from the accident.
- Lost Wages. As you’re recovering, you may need to stay in the hospital or home so you can rest—you could miss a significant amount of work. You don’t need to worry about the days of lost pay. Your lawyer will calculate how much work you’ve missed and seek compensation for your lost wages.
- Diminished Earning Capacity. While you may still be able to work, you may have to take a job with a lower-paying rate. If you’re unable to return to your previous job because of your injuries, your lawyer will also include diminished earning capacity in your claim.
- Loss of Earnings. In some severe cases, you may not be able to return to the workforce at all. Our lawyers will look into the earnings that you would have made if you had been able to continue to work. We’ll include this in your compensation so you don’t need to worry about how you’re going to continue to handle financial responsibilities when you’re no longer able to work.
- Property Damage. If your property was damaged in the accident, your lawyer will find out the costs of repair and include that in your compensation.
You also can recover noneconomic losses. The following are noneconomic damages that your lawyer will fight for you to recover:
- Pain and Suffering. Living with injuries can be both painful and inhibit your everyday life. When our lawyers are fighting for you, we’ll take a look at how long you’re going to have these injuries and how they will continue to affect your life. This can provide us with the information necessary to calculate pain and suffering damages.
- Mental Anguish. If you’re dealing with permanent disabilities, scarring, disfigurement, or are struggling to move on from the accident, then you may also be experiencing mental anguish and emotional distress. While your emotional distress may not show physical signs, it’s still a major consequence of the accident that the negligent party caused. We’ll include this in your losses.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life. You may no longer be able to work, do certain sports or hobbies, and may need to miss out on certain events because your injuries are preventing you from doing so. Our lawyers will seek damages for loss of enjoyment of life.
You can trust your personal injury lawyers to find out the full scope of how the accident affected you and we’ll help you deal with those who may try to give you less compensation than you deserve. Whether you were in an accident involving another person or a business, you may have an insurance adjuster try to get an official statement from you. This information can be used to say that you have a part in the accident or that the party they represent wasn’t at fault for what happened. They can use these reasons to reduce your claim or they may even try to deny it. Their goal is to benefit their insurance company, not your future.
Our lawyers in Phoenix will handle communication with the insurance company and your other legal matters so the parties involved have the appropriate information, but don’t have ways to jeopardize your claim. We won’t be intimidated by representation from the negligent party. We will not accept an unfavorable settlement and will continue to use the evidence we’ve gathered to make sure you get compensation that will cover the damages you’ve suffered.
We understand this process can be difficult. We’ll be at your side every step of the way so you know what’s going on with your case and what you can expect.
Our Law Firm Serves the People of Phoenix, Arizona
Phoenix is a bustling city with a lot to offer its residents. The city is home to all kinds of industries and cultures, and provides plenty of opportunities for families, students, entrepreneurs, artists, and anyone interested in residing in making a living here.
Phoenix has places to learn about culture and history, like the Pueblo Grande Museum and Heritage Square & Science Park. City inhabitants can also visit the Phoenix Center for Arts and Shemer Art Center to get in touch with their artistic side.
The Greater Phoenix area is known as the “Valley of the Sun,” for its bright and warm days. Residents can take advantage of this warm climate and enjoy trips outside to the Phoenix Zoo, Horse Lovers Park, and the Nina Mason Pulliam Rio Salado Audubon Center.
While living in the fast pace of a city, sometimes accidents do happen. When you’re been wrongfully injured in an accident, you should be able to get the help you need. That’s where our Phoenix, AZ personal injury lawyers can step in. Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm is dedicated to protecting those in Phoenix and the state of Arizona. You can trust our attorneys to fight for your future.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm Is Here for You
People can act negligently and cause accidents or situations that harm others. While dealing with the injuries and costs of that harm can be a lot, you don’t have to do it on your own. If you or a loved one was hurt in Phoenix or anywhere in Arizona, you can take steps to get the justice you deserve.
That starts with contacting our law office as soon as possible. We’ll learn more about your case in a free consultation, where we can go over what happened and how you or your loved one has been affected. Together, we’ll discuss the options available to you and talk about the next steps you should take.
When our Phoenix, AZ personal injury lawyers are on your side, you can have peace of mind that your rights will be protected no matter what. We’re here to answer your questions and help you in any way we can. The sooner you reach out, the sooner we can start working on fighting for you.