Motorcyclists get to enjoy the Arizona sun and wind in their hair when they ride in Mesa. However, what makes riding a fun activity also makes it dangerous. If another driver causes an accident, the motorcyclist can be severely injured because they don’t have an autobody to absorb impact and protect them. When a driver has caused you or a loved one harm, you can take seek compensation for your injuries and damages. If you’re pursuing legal action, you’ll want to have a Mesa, AZ motorcycle accident lawyer from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm on your side.
We’ll help you get justice for your injuries and damages. Our attorneys have experience in standing up for our clients, whether it’s negotiating with the other side or fighting for you in court. We’ll do everything we can to secure your financial future.
How Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
Your accident could have happened before you had a chance to realize it. Knowing the details of how the accident occurred and what contributed to the severity of the crash and your injuries can help you get the compensation you deserve.
When your Mesa, AZ motorcycle accident lawyer is investigating your case, we’ll look into how the other party may have acted negligently and identify the contributing factors in the accident. Motorcycle crashes can occur because of:
- Misjudging Distance. When a driver is passing or changing lanes near a biker, they may think they have more room than they actually do. They could hit one of the tires or cut off the biker and cause a collision.
- Failing to See the Motorcyclist. Drivers often look for other cars and trucks, but may not look for or notice motorcyclists. They appear as smaller objects and the driver could think the lane is clear. A driver may also be looking at their phone or are reaching for something in the passenger seat and not see the biker.
- Tailgating. Some aggressive drivers may follow a biker too closely. This is dangerous regardless of the type of vehicle, but if a biker has to slow down or stop, the car behind them could either hit them or knock them off balance.
- Failing to Yield. When a driver doesn’t yield when a motorcyclist has right of way, they could crash on impact or the biker may try to swerve out of the way to avoid the collision, but lose their balance.
When we analyze the accident scene, we’ll consult the police report and any photographs of the accident to determine the other factors that could have caused the accident. They could include:
- Inclement Weather. Rain and fog can lower visibility. It may be more difficult for motorists to be aware of who is next to them and how close they are.
- Road Debris. When there’s road debris blocking the lanes, like strips of tire or fallen trees, the person approaching it may have to quickly maneuver around it. However, they may lose control of their vehicle and cause a collision. Motorcyclists could also hit the road debris and crash.
- Potholes. While cars can pass over most potholes without much issue, potholes can make motorcyclists lose their balance.
- Slick Roads. Roads that are slick from rain are dangerous because tires have less grip. This could make braking or turning less effective.
After we know what happened, we’ll look into how you were injured and what these injuries have cost you. Our attorneys will be at your side every step of the way.
What Injuries Can Occur in a Motorcycle Accident?
Bikers may have serious injuries after an accident that require months of recovery time. Some accidents could result in catastrophic injuries, which will never completely heal and prevent the person from returning to the workforce.
We’ve fought for clients who have had their entire lives turned upside down from motorcycle accident injuries. We’re familiar with how these can affect your life and that you need fair compensation to get medical treatment.
Some common injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Road Rash
- Broken Bones
- Lower Body Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
While some of these injuries will heal, some may not. The severity of your injuries will determine the level of care you’ll need and if and when you can return to work. If you’re unable to go back to your previous position or can no longer work, you may worry about how you’ll stay financially stable. You can count on your Mesa, AZ motorcycle accident lawyer to find the full extent of your injuries and losses. We’ll maximize your compensation so you can recover with peace of mind.
Your lawyer will calculate your compensation based on your economic and noneconomic damages, or your financial and nonfinancial damages. Losses from medical bills, lost wages, diminished earning capacity, loss of earnings, and property damage are all potential financial losses. The noneconomic damages cover pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life. You can count on your motorcycle accident lawyer to always fight for your best interests.
What Unique Struggles Can Motorcyclists Face?
A motorcycle accident attorney can also protect you from insurance companies that will try to get you to accept less compensation than you deserve. In any personal injury case, the insurance company will always protect their bottom line, which means the settlement they offer will likely not cover the full costs and damages of your accident. But there are other reasons why the settlement may be far less than you deserve.
Often, motorcyclists may have to fight an uphill battle in proving that they weren’t at fault or didn’t cause part of the accident themselves. This is because there’s a bias against motorcyclists as the ones who are dangerous or reckless on the road.
Our lawyers know that motorcyclists as a group cannot be generalized. When you’re following the rules of the road and someone else causes an accident, the burden of the injuries and losses shouldn’t fall on you because of a stereotype. We’ll work diligently to show that you were a victim of negligence and that the other party is the reason why you’ve suffered these damages.
Reach Out to Our Law Firm To Review Your Options
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you can make your voice heard. A Mesa, AZ motorcycle accident lawyer will stand up for your rights. The lawyers at Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm are prepared to fight for you to get the justice you deserve and help you take steps to move forward.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation. We’ll review your case and can get started on your claim. Our experienced lawyers are here to help.