Many people drive every day—taking the kids to school, going to work, running errands—it’s an everyday activity. While drivers in Mesa may take all precautions available, there are some situations where a negligent driver causes an accident. When an auto collision occurs, the resulting injuries and damages can be devastating. If this has happened to you or a loved one, you may already be worrying about the consequences of the accident that someone else caused. But the burden of the accident shouldn’t fall on your shoulders. You can see justice for your injuries and seek compensation to cover the damages. When you’re taking these steps, it’s essential to have an experienced Mesa, AZ car accident lawyer as representation.
The lawyers at Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm will help you through the legal process so you’re able to get the recovery you deserve. We realize how the costs of injuries can cause financial stress—we’ll do everything we can for you to get compensation so you don’t have to worry about affording care. Our lawyers will fiercely and diligently fight for you so you can recover physically, emotionally, and financially.
Your Mesa, AZ Car Accident Lawyer Will Investigate Your Case
Our lawyers are aware of how often car accidents affect Mesa residents. In 2019, Mesa had 7,641 total crashes. There were 2,241 injury crashes and 35 fatal crashes. These accidents can completely devastate an individual and their family. When we’re representing you, we’ll do everything we can to help you with your claim.
We’ll investigate your case so we can get all the details of what happened and how you were hurt. We have experienced lawyers who are familiar with car accident investigations and how to find all the relevant facts of your case. Whether it’s investigating the scene of the accident, examining the damages, or consulting with accident reconstructionist experts, we’ll take the necessary steps so you can get justice.
What Caused Your Auto Wreck?
While you may know that negligence is what caused your accident, we’ll need to discover the exact actions the other party took that caused the crash. Each case will have specific circumstances and details, but there are common reasons that can lead to auto collisions. Some of the ways that a driver can act negligently and cause a crash include:
- Drunk Driving. When a driver has had alcohol, their ability to drive safely is severely affected. A drunk driver can swerve, run red lights, and can also fall asleep at the wheel. Other drivers won’t be able to predict their behavior like other sober drivers who are in control. A drunk driver can cause an accident and not even realize what they’ve done. If a drunk driver has harmed you or a loved one, our car accident lawyers are here for you.
- Distracted Driving. Many accidents happen because the driver wasn’t paying attention, also known as distracted driving. Cell phones, dropped items, or attempting to accomplish other tasks while behind the wheel are all forms of distractions that can cause serious accidents.
- Speeding. Some drivers may choose to ignore the speed limit. They could be running late, not paying attention to how fast they’re going, or they may do this on a regular basis. When someone is speeding, they don’t have the same reaction time as others to events happening on the road. They’ll need more time and room to slow down and stop the car. If they need to quickly swerve to avoid something, they could lose control of their vehicle because of their speed.
- Failure to Signal. Drivers need to signal when they’re changing lanes or turning. This gives the other drivers time to know what their intent is and can give them space. Failing to do this could lead to an accident.
- Left-Turn Accident. When drivers are negligent at intersections, they may try to make a left turn when the lane isn’t clear, and collide with the other drivers going through the lane. These accidents can cause serious injuries and can also result in fatalities.
Your Mesa, AZ car accident lawyer will then look into the type of accident you were involved in. This can provide further information into how the other party acted negligently and the injuries you sustained. Possible types of wrecks include:
- Broadside Collisions. These commonly occur at intersections and are also called T-bone accidents. The front of one vehicle collides with the side of another vehicle. The driver and the passenger on the side of the vehicle will likely sustain injuries.
- Head-On Collisions. When someone is traveling the wrong way on a road, they can collide head-on with another driver. These wrecks are often fatal because the impact is at the front of the vehicles where the drivers are located.
- Sideswipe Collisions. When two vehicles collide on the sides, whether that’s when they’re traveling in the same or opposite directions, that’s considered a sideswipe. While in a parking lot the damages may only be cosmetic, these collisions can be fatal at high speeds.
- Rear-End Collisions. A distracted driver may not notice that traffic is slowing or has stopped—and they collide with the back of the vehicle in front of them. Sometimes, this can force that vehicle to strike the car in front of them and so forth, turning into a multi-vehicle accident.
Our lawyers are used to dealing with the complexities of car accidents and what caused them. After we find out the details surrounding your crash, we can examine how you were injured.
What Injuries Did You Sustain?
The severity of your injuries can depend on the speed of the crash, where the impact occurred, and whether or not safety equipment was used. Car accident victims can still sustain serious injuries even if they were using their seat belt and their airbags deployed. Injuries that will require medical care and time to recover include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Internal Organ Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
While a car accident can occur in a few seconds, the injuries can take weeks or months to heal. Medical care can include surgery, medication, physical therapy, and other forms of treatment. You may need to meet with specialists for your treatment.
Some of these injuries may have long-lasting consequences and a full recovery isn’t possible. In these cases, you may need continued medical care. If this is the case, our lawyers will take this into consideration when fighting for your compensation.
How Will Your Lawyer Maximize Your Compensation?
We will look at how the accident has harmed you and how it will continue to affect your life. When we look at the total of these damages while keeping your future in mind, we can seek compensation that will cover your current losses and help you cover your future ones. The following pieces of evidence can help us calculate your losses:
- Medical Records. These will show the injuries you sustained and the treatment you’ll need to undergo.
- Accident Report. The police report of the accident will have details about the conditions the police saw when they got there, in addition to other accounts of the accident. This can help put together what happened and why.
- Photographs. Photographs that document the crash and your injuries can show the severity and level of impact. You may also want to keep a record of how your injuries affect your life, whether they’re impeding you from working, doing regular household tasks, or participating in activities you enjoy.
- Time for Recovery. When your injuries will take a long time to heal, and during that time you won’t be able to work, it could cause a lot of stress because of keeping up with your other financial responsibilities. We’ll take your recovery time it into account when seeking the maximum compensation for you.
After we look into your total economic and noneconomic damages, we’ll know what the accident has cost you and what amount of compensation you deserve so you can recover. While other parties may try to lower your compensation or downplay your injuries, your Mesa, AZ car accident lawyer will always protect your best interests.
Get Experienced Representation from Our Law Firm
We understand how a car accident can affect your life. Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm is here to help you get back on track. With our lawyers at your side, you can rest assured that we’re fighting for your future and protecting your rights.
We’ll help you hold the negligent driver accountable for their actions. They need to see how their carelessness caused serious injuries and losses. Our car accident attorneys will build a strong case that clearly demonstrates how their actions hurt you and will continue to affect you.
Our dedicated car accident lawyers can get started working on your case after you reach out for a free case evaluation. We’ll review what happened, if you are eligible to come forward with a claim, and how we can best serve you. We can start helping you move forward.