Driving feels like a task to complete on your way from one place to another. But in reality, it’s a much bigger deal than just a task—driving is an incredibly dangerous activity that many of us take part in every day. We’re operating heavy machinery that requires careful attention at all times, and one wrong move could be deadly. Many people fail to see the danger involved with driving, which is what leads to accidents because they’re not careful.
When someone else is negligent and causes a collision with you, then you should enlist the help of our Glendale, AZ car accident lawyer. At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we understand how devastating the results of a car crash can be, which is why we’re dedicated to representing victims. We’ll work hard to get you justice for what you’ve experienced and recover the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Car Crashes in Glendale
One of the most important parts of your car accident claim will be determining exactly what caused the collision in the first place. This will help your car accident lawyer build your claim and determine fault. Knowing the different causes of collisions can also help you avoid them when you’re driving. However, if you’re contemplating or following through with filing a claim, you’ve already been in one of these situations.
Here are some of the different reasons that car crashes happen in Glendale, AZ that could have led to you being injured and suffering from other damages:
- Drunk Driving. Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal because it’s incredibly dangerous. An intoxicated driver’s motor skills are not what they need to be to operate a vehicle, which can lead to deadly accidents.
- Distracted Driving. As mentioned above, driving a car takes incredible attention to the road and others around you. When you get distracted and take your eyes off the road, or your mind is no longer on the task at hand, you could crash.
- Speeding. Driving above the speed limit gives a driver less time to react and increases the severity of injuries when a collision happens.
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs. Intersections are some of the most common spots for car accidents to happen. When a driver runs a red light, or rolls through a stop sign, they could collide with other drivers following the traffic signals and not expecting someone to blow through an intersection.
- Heavy Rain and Wind. While we typically don’t get snow or ice in our state, we can still have bad thunderstorms, heavy rains, and strong winds that can make driving more dangerous.
- Bad Roads. When roads aren’t properly maintained, they can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles and cause a collision with other drivers.
- Defective Auto Parts. In some instances, a driver isn’t at fault. When one of their auto parts is defective or malfunctions while they’re on the road, they could get into a crash.
Any of these situations could be what caused your collision, but it might not be so straightforward immediately after the crash. That’s why it’s important to leave it up to your car accident attorney to determine what happened and who was at fault. We’ll be able to determine who was responsible from there.
Fault in Arizona Auto Wrecks
On top of determining what happened, your car accident attorney will work to prove that another party was responsible for your wreck. The party at fault could be the other driver, a part manufacturer, or another party. If you apologize or make any admission of guilt at the scene, then you might be considered at fault as well.
Even if you didn’t apologize after the collision, you still might be considered partially at fault if the other party wasn’t the only one who was negligent while driving. This is because Arizona follows the pure comparative fault rule, which means both parties could be considered at fault for what happened, and your compensation can be reduced by the percentage that you’re deemed at fault.
That’s why it’s important to have a Glendale, AZ car accident lawyer on your side. We’ll investigate what happened and prove that you weren’t negligent. Or if you did contribute to fault, we’ll fight to prove that your responsibility was minimal.
What Documents Help Calculate Damages?
In order for you to recover all that you possibly can, your attorney will need to calculate what you’re owed in damages from the wreck. Car accidents can cause serious injuries and property damage that comes with a hefty price tag. You likely weren’t prepared to pay for all of that, which is why you deserve compensation.
The physical costs that you suffered can be calculated by gathering documentation of all of your bills that you’ve incurred. Some of those bills and other costs you’re struggling with include:
- Repair bills
- Property damage costs
- Medical bills
- Rent, utilities, groceries, and other bills
- Lost wages
In addition to these different documents that show the physical costs you’ve incurred from your wreck, you can also include more abstract costs, like pain and suffering. While it could be hard to produce firm documentation of these emotional damages, your account of your turmoil and statements from medical professionals can help your lawyer determine what you’re owed for those noneconomic damages.
Our Glendale, AZ car accident attorney is experienced in calculating the damages you’re owed and can tell you exactly what documents they’ll need to help you. With us on your side, you can rest assured that your compensation will be full and fair, and you won’t be pushed to settle for less.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm Will Represent You
You don’t have to go through the aftermath of a car crash in Glendale on your own. You might feel isolated and vulnerable after experiencing a collision that harmed you, but you’re not alone. Our Glendale, AZ car accident lawyer is here to help you through your claim and ensure you feel supported every step of the way. Reach out to our office today so that we can schedule your free consultation.