When someone else’s negligence has caused you to suffer from injuries and damages that you otherwise wouldn’t have incurred, it can be more than frustrating. You’re left trying to recover and heal, meanwhile costs are piling up from all of the bills and missed work. You shouldn’t have to think about all those bills when you weren’t the one who caused your situation. That’s where our Glendale, AZ personal injury lawyers can help.
A lawyer from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm will represent you through your claim and will work to get the full picture of what caused your accident to happen in the first place. We’ll investigate the situation and compile all the evidence of your injuries and damages to build the strongest claim possible. We’ll use your evidence to calculate exactly what you’re owed so that you can get back on your feet financially after this difficult time.
Cases We Handle in Glendale, AZ
After an accident happens where you’re left injured, you might be wondering what options you have toward getting justice. When the cause of the accident was another party’s negligence, you can take legal action against the responsible people involved. Whether it was a driver, a company, manufacturer, doctor, property owner, medical staff member, or any other negligent party, you can hold them accountable for what they’ve done.
Choosing to hire the help of a personal injury lawyer is one of the best choices you can make after one of these accidents:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
Once you have an attorney on your side, you can rest assured that your case is being handled and that you have the best chance possible at getting justice for what you’ve suffered through. These accidents and other scenarios listed above aren’t the only problems you might hire a personal injury lawyer to help you with.
In any situation where you were injured by another person and incurred damages, you could use the help of our Glendale, AZ personal injury attorneys. We can answer all of your questions about what ways we can build your case and what information we’ll need from you. From there, we’ll fight to get you justice.
Process of a Personal Injury Claim
When you decide to take legal action, your next question might be about the steps involved. While lawyers can’t promise you that your claim will settle or be decided within a certain amount of time, and they can’t promise that you will recover a specific amount in compensation, the general timeline of personal injury claims can help you understand what commitment you’re looking at.
Here are the steps of a personal injury claim when you hire a lawyer to represent you:
- Pre-trial. Your first step will be meeting with your attorney. You’ll bring all of the documents you have of what you endured, and they’ll consult that evidence to decide whether or not they’ll take your claim. From there, you’ll work together through the next steps.
- Discovery. In this step, both sides will request evidence from the other party in order to build their client’s claim. They will request medical records, bills, witness statements, and other information. All of this can take months or even upwards of a year to obtain.
- Negotiation. Once both sides have the information they need to build their case, they will then work with the other party to negotiate a fair settlement for both sides. This can be complicated because each side will be working with their client’s best interests in mind. When you’re the victim, the other side will likely push you to settle for much less than you deserve.
- Settlement. Having a lawyer on your side through this process ensures that you won’t settle for less than you deserve in this step. Your personal injury attorney will fight to get you a full and fair settlement. If you get this settlement, you’ll be done. If not, it proceeds to the next step.
- Trial. From the beginning, your attorney will be prepared to go to trial. Even though most personal injury claims settle out of court, there is the possibility of going in front of a judge. Your lawyer will be prepared to fight for you in trial to get you a favorable outcome.
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, our Glendale, AZ personal injury lawyers have experience in all kinds of cases. We know the process of a claim and what it takes to get you justice. We’re prepared to fight for you every step of the way.
Damages You Can Recover With Our Help
Once you know what to expect of the process of your personal injury claim, you might start thinking about the outcome and what you can expect about the compensation you and your attorneys are working to recover. You should know the different types of damages that you can recover and what goes into the calculations of your compensation so that you can better understand what you’re fighting for.
There are three categories of damages known as economic, noneconomic, and punitive. The first two are the most common types that people filing personal injury claims recover. Punitive damages are very rare in these types of cases, but they are present sometimes.
Economic damages are the real costs you suffered, while noneconomic damages are the more abstract costs you incurred. The way these are calculated is through you bringing forward all of your billing and documentation from the accident. Medical records, bills, lost wages, and any other emotional tolls that you can prove will help you with these damages.
Punitive damages are intended to punish the party who injured you when gross negligence was involved. This can all seem complicated, which is why you need our Glendale, AZ personal injury attorneys on your side. We have experience with damages and know how to calculate exactly what you’re owed.
We’re Proud to Serve the People of Glendale
Not even ten miles away from Phoenix, our city of Glendale is in Maricopa County, Arizona. Since Glendale is located in the desert, it’s hot year-round. This draws many residents and visitors to the area because they enjoy a warmer climate throughout the year. Other than the desert, we have many attractions, including parks, festivals, ranches, shops, stadiums, and theatres.
Many residents and tourists choose to see an NFL game for the Arizona Cardinals while visiting Glendale because we’re the home to State Farm Stadium.
Unfortunately, there are many different ways that people can get hurt in Glendale. When the accident and injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, you could use the help of one of our personal injury lawyers. Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm is proud to represent the citizens of Glendale, AZ and ensure they get justice for what they’ve suffered.
Hire One of Our Personal Injury Attorneys to Help You
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we know how vulnerable you can feel after suffering injuries from someone else’s negligence. It could be intimidating to undergo the task of taking legal action, but having one of our Glendale, AZ personal injury lawyers on your side can help ease those feelings. We’ll support you. Reach out to us today so that we can discuss your potential claim.