Texas and New Mexico Oil Field & Pipeline Accident Attorneys
The oil and natural gas industries in the U.S. are a source of economic prosperity. That prosperity, however, has come at a high price, especially for oil field and pipeline workers who commonly face a high risk of being injured or killed on the job.
In fact, occupations in the oil and natural gas industries are among the most dangerous jobs in the nation due to high incidence of accidents, injuries and deaths for these workers. In Texas alone, more than 600 people, including many from the Permian Basin, have been killed in oil field accidents since 2008. Many more have been catastrophically injured in oil field and pipeline accidents, resulting in debilitating and possibly permanent impairments.
What may be worse than the impacts of pipeline and oil field accidents is the fact that, in many cases, these accidents may have been preventable.
At Buckingham Barrera Law Firm, our lawyers have been aggressively advocating the rights of injured oil field and pipeline workers for nearly three decades. Dedicated to helping the injured recover and secure justice, our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights and help you pursue all available legal remedies after an oil field or pipeline accident has harmed you.
Our goal is help you maximize your financial recovery so you can focus on healing and restoring your life.
TYPES OF OIL FIELD ACCIDENTS & INJURIES
OIL FIELD AND PIPELINE ACCIDENTS CAN COME IN MANY FORMS, SOME OF THE MOST COMMON OF WHICH INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Oil rig and/or deck collapses
- Equipment or machinery malfunctions or failures
- Falling accidents, including slip and falls, as well as objects falling onto workers
- Crushing accidents
- Accidents or injuries resulting from exposure to toxic substances
- On-site motor vehicle accidents
- Off-shore accidents
THESE AND OTHER TYPES OF OIL FIELD ACCIDENTS CAN RESULT IN A RANGE OF CATASTROPHIC – IF NOT LIFE-THREATENING – INJURIES, SUCH AS (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Head and brain injuries
- Neck, back and/or spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limb and/or disfigurement
- Burn injuries
- Bone fractures
- Loss of vision and/or hearing
OIL FIELD & PIPELINE ACCIDENTS: COMMON CAUSES & CONTRIBUTING FACTORS
ALTHOUGH ANY NUMBER OF FACTORS CAN CAUSE OIL FIELD AND PIPELINE ACCIDENTS, TRAGICALLY, MANY ARE TRIGGERED BY SOME FORM OF CARELESSNESS OR NEGLIGENCE, WHICH CAN INCLUDE (BUT IS NOT NECESSARILY LIMITED TO):
- Employer negligence – Sparked by a drive to maximize profits, employer negligence that can contribute to oil field and pipeline accidents may involve (but isn’t exclusive to):
- Failing to train workers and/or provide them with the proper safety gear
- Failing to comply with OSHA standards and/or have the appropriate safety protocols in place
- Failing to properly inspect and/or maintain equipment
- Forcing employees to work excessively long shifts, such as 12- to 24-hours shifts.
- Manufacturer negligence – This commonly involves making and/or distributing defective or dangerous equipment. It may also entail failures to properly install or assemble equipment, as well as failures to warn about the risks associated with certain equipment.
- Other parties’ negligence – Various other parties can also contribute to oil field and pipeline accidents, such as third-party service providers, contractors, property owners and even civilians passing through a site.
AFTER OIL FIELD ACCIDENTS: OPTIONS FOR FINANCIAL RECOVERY
FOLLOWING OIL FIELD AND PIPELINE ACCIDENTS, VICTIMS MAY HAVE VARIOUS OPTIONS FOR FINANCIAL RECOVERY, DEPENDING ON THE SPECIFIC CAUSES OF THEIR ACCIDENT. WHILE AN ATTORNEY AT BUCKINGHAM BARRERA LAW FIRM CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH MORE PRECISE ANSWERS ABOUT YOUR RECOVERY OPTIONS FOLLOWING AN OIL FIELD OR PIPELINE ACCIDENT, IN GENERAL, POSSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE (AND MAY NOT BE EXCLUSIVE TO) PURSUING:
- Workers’ compensation – When employers have contributed to the accident, workers compensation benefits will be a viable option for recovery. These benefits can compensate for lost wages, but they can fall short of providing the financial support injured workers need, especially when severe injuries have been sustained.
- Lawsuits against third parties – When any party other than an employer has contributed to an oil field or pipeline accident, pursuing a case against the negligent third-party can be pivotal to holding that party accountable – and to helping victims maximize their compensation.
GET EXPERIENCED HELP RECOVERING FROM AN OIL FIELD ACCIDENT: CONTACT A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER AT BUCKINGHAM BARRERA LAW FIRM
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an oil field accident – or if you have lost a loved one in a deadly oil field accident, you can rely on Buckingham Barrera Law Firm for vigorous advocacy and experienced help with your financial recovery.
Since 1990, our trusted lawyers have been dedicated to helping accident victims secure the compensation and justice they deserve so they can reclaim their lives and focus on the future.
Call (432) 570-1919 or email our firm via the contact form to schedule a free consultation with one of our lawyers. When you meet with us, you can get clear, honest answers about your rights and best options for recovery so that you have the information you need to make the right decision for you and your family as move forward.
From offices based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, our skilled lawyers provide superior service and effective legal advocacy to injured people throughout Midland County, the state of New Mexico, and the U.S.