When you’re driving around Santa Fe, you’re likely focused on staying in your lane, traveling at the speed limit, and keeping your mind on being alert. If someone else on the road doesn’t take these precautions, they may cause an accident that injures you. Dealing with injuries and damages is difficult. Getting phone calls from the insurance company about settling your case can make everything even more stressful. You don’t have to go through this on your own. A Santa Fe, NM car accident lawyer can help you with your claim.
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we understand how devastating the injuries and losses following a car wreck can be. You deserve compensation that will allow you to recover from your injuries and cover the expenses of the accident. Our attorneys are ready to fight for you.
We Will Find Out What Caused Your Crash
As your Santa Fe, NM car accident lawyer begins investigating your case, we’ll review the evidence to find the responsible party. They could have been negligent in one of the following ways:
- Drunk Driving. Inebriated drivers are more likely to lose control of their vehicle and cause an accident. They could exit their lane, drive the wrong way on a street, and may not be able to recognize and track moving objects ahead of them.
- Reckless Driving. These drivers may go above the speed limit, follow other cars too closely, pass on the right while weaving through traffic, and may not use their turn signals when changing lanes or exiting a lane. When a driver is reckless, they put everyone on the road in danger.
- Distracted Driving. Drivers who are focused on another object or task while behind the wheel are considered distracted. They may not realize they’re leaving their lane or that traffic has stopped. They could be in a collision before they realized something happened.
- Defective Auto Parts. A driver may not have been negligent when their accident occurred. They could have a malfunctioning auto part that made them lose control of the car and cause a wreck. The manufacturing company could be held accountable.
- Driver Error. A driver that doesn’t check blind spots, turn on headlights, or overcorrects steering are all possible mistakes that could lead to an accident.
Our car accident attorneys have experience in analyzing car accident scenes, police reports, and other evidence to put together what happened and why. Once we know who was responsible for your accident, we can look at the injuries you sustained and how they will affect your life.
What Car Collision Injuries Can Occur?
Depending on the severity of the crash, the injuries can range from needing minor medical attention to potentially lasting for the rest of one’s life. Some injuries that can happen because of an auto wreck include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Burn Injuries
- Loss of Limb
When you’re facing a long road to recovery, you’re likely thinking about what it will cost and what kind of treatment you’ll need before you’re able to get back to normal. This may entail bedrest, seeing specialists, having a cast, undergoing surgery, taking medication, or using medical equipment. If your injuries will cause a permanent disability, that’s a different matter where you’ll have to learn to live with the injury.
Injuries that prevent you from returning to your job or the workforce are considered catastrophic. While these injuries can take a devastating toll on your life, you can count on your car accident lawyer to fight for you to get full and fair compensation.
How Will Your Lawyer Seek Compensation for Your Damages?
When your Santa Fe, NM car accident lawyer is fighting for you to recover the compensation you deserve, we’ll take both your financial and nonfinancial damages into account. The main types of damages include the following:
- Medical Expenses. Your past medical bills and any future medical bills you’ll get as you’re getting treatment or going through the recovery process will be included in your compensation. This is why it’s vital to understand the extent of your injuries—this may not be apparent in the hours after the crash.
- Lost Wages. You will likely need to miss work to recover from your injuries. However, worrying about other financial responsibilities and the days of lost pay can make people want to return to work too early, and risk re-injuring themselves. Our lawyers will calculate how much work you’ll miss and seek damages for those wages so you are able to recover with peace of mind.
- Property Damage. If your car was damaged in the accident, you may wonder about what it will take to repair it and if you can afford it. This accident wasn’t your fault. Our lawyers will seek repair costs in your compensation.
- Pain and Suffering. Living with injuries can cause considerable pain and suffering. While there isn’t a bill attached to this, your attorneys will look into how long you’ll need to deal with these injuries and seek compensation for that time.
- Mental Anguish. The trauma of the accident, having a permanent disability, or scarring or disfigurement can all cause emotional anguish.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life. Your injuries can prevent you from living your life as you did before the accident. This is also another nonfinancial damage you can recover in your compensation.
If the other party exhibited gross negligence in your accident, your lawyer may seek punitive damages as well. These work differently than the damages above, as those are meant to cover your injuries and other damages. Punitive damages exist to punish the liable party. Your lawyer will seek evidence to show that they acted with willful or wanton conduct and that contributed to your severe injuries.
When you’ve been in an accident in Santa Fe, know that there are options for you to explore so you can get justice. With our Santa Fe, NM car accident lawyers on your side, you won’t have to worry about insurance adjusters bothering you. Our experienced attorneys will go over your case, discover the extent of your injuries, and will fight for your full and fair compensation.
Get Representation from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm
The lawyers at our personal injury law firm have helped clients who were injured in car accidents. We understand how overwhelming it can be, which is where we step in. Our team believes in protecting those who were wrongfully injured and fiercely advocating for their rights. We can do that for you and will be at your side every step of the way.
When you’re going through the physical recovery process, your lawyer can fight for your financial recovery and your future. When you have the compensation you deserve, you’re able to take care of the accident costs and can work toward healing and feeling better.
The first step to learning more about your legal options is contacting our law firm today for a free case evaluation. One of our skilled and compassionate car accident attorneys will review the accident and how you have been affected. We can begin working on your case and seeking the justice you deserve.