Oil fields in Texas offer a lot of jobs and a steady source of income. Many Texas families could depend on this for their livelihoods. While there are employment opportunities, oil fields can be dangerous when there are negligent parties involved. Unfortunately, the accidents can be severe and sometimes fatal. If you or a loved one has been hurt at an oil field, you can take legal action to get justice. A San Antonio, TX oil field injury lawyer will protect your rights.
After an accident at an oil field, you may wonder if you need an attorney, as you may think that workers’ compensation will cover what happened. But this may not be your only legal option. It’s possible that you have grounds for a personal injury claim. Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm has experienced lawyers who will maximize your compensation so you’re able to recover in peace.
What Causes Oil Field Accidents?
After an oil field accident occurs, your San Antonio, TX oil field injury lawyer will find out what happened. Many kinds of negligence can put oil field workers in danger of sustaining serious injuries in an accident. We’re familiar with what can cause accidents and how they can affect your life. Some of the causes can be:
- Oil Field Truck Accidents. Trucks allow transportation of the extracted oil and equipment to and from the oil field. However, inexperienced drivers, unsecured loads, and an exhausting work schedule can all factor into causing fatal accidents.
- Heavy Objects. On the site, heavy objects that aren’t secured can fall and strike workers.
- Faulty Equipment. If there’s faulty equipment on the site, it can malfunction when it’s in use. The person operating the equipment may not be able to prevent an accident and could be hurt themselves if they’re caught in between the equipment.
- Human Error. Multiple parties can be present on an oil field. Some third-parties may be there as contracted workers. If one of those workers doesn’t have the training or experience necessary to safely operate equipment, they could make a mistake and cause an accident.
Other ways that accidents can occur include ignoring worker safety, whether that’s taking measures to give them equipment to be safe or to make the environment they work in safer. After an explosion at a Texas oil company, OSHA cited specific safety violations that put the workers at risk. These are examples of what can lead to potentially life-threatening accidents and injuries:
- Failing to provide workers with fall protection
- Not ensuring that equipment and electrical wiring are appropriate for the environment
- Failing to prevent potential ignition sources (static electricity, sparks)
- Not conducting a workplace hazard assessment to determine the necessary personal protective equipment
- Not ensuring there’s an emergency action plan/eyewash station for employees working with acids
As our lawyers investigate your case, there may be one accident that occurred, but multiple safety violations and other factors of negligent decisions could have all contributed to what made the accident happen. You can trust that we’ll launch a full investigation of the accident so we know what happened and what lead to the accident.
What Injuries Can Happen at a Texas Oil Field?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 49 fatal injuries for those who worked in mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction in Texas. Those fatalities were caused by:
- 29 transportation accidents
- 6 fire and explosion incidents
- 7 instances of exposure to harmful substances or environments
Other accidents may cause serious injuries like:
- Crush Injuries. Parts of the body could be crushed in an accident. Workers could have injuries like crushed bones, nerve damage, and sometimes loss of limb.
- Head Injuries. A fall or an object striking the head can cause brain damage.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. A fall or falling object could also hit a worker’s back and damage the spinal cord.
- Broken Bones. An oil field worker could suffer a broken bone in an accident. This type of injury may not be permanent, but could prevent them from being able to work for a while.
- Slip and Fall Injuries. If there are spills or slippery surfaces, workers could lose their balance and slip.
- Illnesses from Toxic Exposure. If oil field workers are working near toxic chemicals, they need to have equipment so they can be safe. Lack of safety equipment can lead to developing illnesses, sometimes long after the initial exposure.
After an oil field injury, it’s important to see a doctor as soon as possible. They’ll be able to tell you how you were hurt and start treating your injuries. Going to see a doctor can also help your lawyer when they’re fighting for you because it shows you were in enough pain after the accident to need medical attention.
While your injuries may cause a significant amount of stress, your oil field injury lawyer will help you get the recovery you deserve. Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm understands what you’re going through and that you need experienced representation to advocate for your rights.
How a San Antonio, TX Oil Field Injury Lawyer Can Help
When we’re seeking justice for you, we’ll gather all the evidence surrounding the accident and how you were affected. We’ve fought these complex cases before and we know what it takes to get favorable results for our clients. Your lawyer will:
- Determine Who Was Responsible for the Accident. We’ll examine the accident and find out who was present at the oil field that day and who the equipment belonged to. This can help indicate who acted negligently and caused the accident.
- Assess Your Injuries and Damages. Using medical records, we’ll find out how you were injured. This includes the injuries you’ve sustained, the treatment you’ve needed up to this point, and how long you’ll need care in the future. Your medical treatment alone could result in expensive bills. Additional losses may be recovered if your injuries are catastrophic. We’ll also fight for damages like lost wages, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress, and pain and suffering.
- Fight for Your Full and Fair Compensation. Once we know what happened, what caused it, and can connect it to your injuries and losses, we’ll seek compensation for what you’ve lost. Our lawyers will fight for your future.
You can count on your oil field lawyer in Texas to stand by your side throughout this process. While the insurance company involved may try to offer you a settlement, this could be for much less than you deserve because they’re going to try and give you as little as possible. It may not come close to what you’ll need in medical care or cover the amount of work that you’ve had to miss due to your injuries. You deserve compensation that won’t lead to financial troubles down the road.
We’ll always put your best interests first—and that means fighting for compensation that reflects the full cost of the injuries and damages you’ve suffered. Our lawyers know that you deserve a future where you can get the care and time you need to recover.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm Protects Hurt Oil Field Workers
If you’re adjusting to a catastrophic injury and have to re-learn how to do every tasks, or are in the hospital because of your injuries, then handling a legal claim on your own can sound like too much. Our law firm is here to handle the legal side of the accident so you’re able to work on what matters most: getting your health back.
A San Antonio, TX oil field injury lawyer will help you or a loved one after a Texas oil field accident causes injuries. Get in touch with Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm today for a free case evaluation. We’re ready to protect your rights and fight to secure your financial future.