Riding on the open road is something all motorcyclists enjoy and can be a safe activity, given that everyone on the road obeys traffic laws. However, if a driver is impatient and tries to pass without giving the bikers enough space, is speeding while looking at their phone, or doesn’t look before they change lanes, they could cause an accident that causes irreparable harm to the motorcyclist. If this has happened to you or a loved one, you may have grounds for legal action. To see if you’re eligible for a claim, you should speak with a Harlingen, TX motorcycle accident lawyer from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm.
We’ll take care of your case so you’re able to work on your recovery and being with your family. Our lawyers are passionate and dedicated to protecting the rights of our clients and helping them hold the negligent party accountable for their actions. Together, we can seek justice and help you put the accident behind you.
How Severe Are Motorcycle Accidents?
The consequences for a motorcyclist have the potential to be permanent. These accidents often require immediate medical care and the recovery time could be prolonged. In some cases, the injuries could cause issues with lifelong damage. If there is lasting damage, the injuries are considered catastrophic. Brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, burn injuries, nerve damage, and loss of limb are possible catastrophic injuries that can occur in a motorcycle accident. The two following factors contribute to why motorcycle wrecks are so severe:
- Less Protection. A car has seatbelts, airbags, and an autobody to keep the vehicle occupants secured and absorb impact. Motorcyclists don’t have this level of protection. Riders may have helmets, long-sleeved clothing, and gloves, but there’s not much to prevent them from falling from their bike and hitting the ground.
- Drivers Aren’t Used to Bikers. Drivers may be on the lookout for other cars, but not motorcyclists. It’s harder to spot a biker on the road. The driver could think they’re in the clear or they could also not be used to sharing the road with motorcyclists.
Dealing with the injuries, financial losses, and the insurance company can be a lot for one person to handle after a serious accident. That’s why our motorcycle accident lawyers are here, so you don’t have to do it alone. We have the experience to handle your motorcycle accident claim and help you get the recovery you deserve.
How Will a Harlingen, TX Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Fight for You?
When you have a lawyer on your side, you can depend on them to investigate your case to find out exactly what happened and how you were hurt. Knowing the cause of the accident can also point to how the other party acted negligently. It’s possible your accident happened because of one of the following reasons:
- Left-Hand Turn Accident. Motorcyclists are often struck when other drivers are turning left. This could happen at an intersection or even a two lane highway. The driver doesn’t realize that a motorcyclist is approaching or they misjudge the speed that they’re traveling and cause a collision.
- Reckless/Aggressive Driving. Any time a driver is distracted, not using turn signals, or speeding, they put others on the road in danger.
- Following Too Closely. When drivers are following motorcyclists too closely, they can hit the back tire and throw the rider off balance.
All these examples above have one thing in common: a negligent driver. While the accidents can occur in different ways, it all comes down to a driver’s action that led to the crash and injury of a rider. That’s where our lawyers can help you get justice. We’ll use the evidence to show that you had nothing to do with the accident and deserve full and fair compensation.
What Should You Do After a Motorcycle Crash in Texas?
After a motorcycle accident, there may be steps you can take that will help your case later. While these moments are usually confusing, remaining calm and following the list below can help you take care of yourself and also get the information from the accident scene.
- Call for Medical Help. If you’re able, call for help immediately. This will get both paramedics to offer first aid and assess your condition and police to take your statement.
- Get Information. You’ll need information from the driver that caused the accident. Get their name, contact information, and information about their vehicle. During this conversation, it’s important to not apologize or blame them for the accident.
- Preserve Evidence. Photographs of the accident can provide your lawyer with evidence of your side of the story and can also show the severity of the damages.
- Go to the Doctor. Once you’ve done what you can at the accident scene, seeking out a doctor for a medical evaluation will document the injuries you’ve sustained and the care you’ll need to treat it.
- Reach Out to Harlingen, TX Motorcycle Accident Lawyer. Contact a lawyer as soon as possible so you can start down the path to getting the compensation you deserve.
A Harlingen, TX motorcycle accident lawyer from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm will fight for you and your future. We’re going to be at your side every step of the way. We understand how dealing with insurance companies can be difficult in motorcycle accident cases. Often, motorcyclists can be viewed as the reckless ones on the road simply because of their vehicle. However, we know that many motorcyclists are careful, obey traffic laws, and that drivers can act dangerously too.
We’ll assess the costs of your injuries and damages and fight for compensation that will provide you with the peace of mind you need. You’ll be able to cover past medical bills, pay for future medical expenses, get the wages you’ve lost from missing work, and the repair costs for your damaged motorcycle. In your compensation we’ll also include the nonfinancial damages, like mental anguish and pain and suffering. Your motorcycle accident lawyers will build a strong case to show that you were not at fault and deserve full and fair compensation.
Reach Out to Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm are ready to help Harlingen riders and those in the state of Texas. We will not let you settle for an amount that will lead to financial issues in the future. We’re going to seek the compensation you truly deserve.
The first step starts with you. Contact our office today for an obligation-free consultation. Our attorneys are prepared to answer your question about your case and the claims process. We’re ready to start fighting for you.