When a car accident leaves you with injuries, damages, and a complicated legal matter, you deserve to have legal representation you can trust. Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm protects car accident victims and their families. We help our clients with their legal paths so they can get the recovery they deserve. A Harlingen, TX car accident lawyer can fight for you.
Accidents can happen when someone makes a split-second dangerous decision. However, the outcome of the decision can affect the victims for years to come. Our car accident lawyers know how a crash can devastate a family. That’s why we’ll stand at your side. We’ll go through the legal process together and do everything we can to help you move forward.
Identifying the Cause of Your Auto Accident in Texas
Many people depend on their vehicles to get to work, run errands, and get to any desired destination. This is no different in Harlingen. While many drivers obey the traffic laws, there are others who don’t. Whenever someone drives recklessly, they could cause an accident that leaves others with life-changing injuries to the brain, spine, internal organs, or limbs. Even injuries that will heal can take weeks or months.
While you’re recovering from your injuries, your car accident lawyers will be hard at work fighting for you. One of the first parts of handling your claim will be getting all the information about the car accident. Obtaining the crash report of your accident can provide some crucial facts.
Texas law list several parties who can provide a written request for a crash report. Those involved and their legal representatives are both included in that list. Your attorney can use the information from the copy to fight for you. The observations from the report may point to the cause of the auto wreck. Common causes of car crashes in Harlingen include:
- Speeding. Going above the speed limit reduces the driver’s control of the vehicle. If they take a turn too quickly they could flip the car or if they need to stop, they will need more time to do so.
- Distracted Driving. Phones, food, reaching into a bag—there are many forms of distracted driving. These prevent the driver from having their full attention on the road and staying in control of the car. Their reduced awareness and focus can easily cause a crash.
- Drunk Driving. When an inebriated person is behind the wheel, they aren’t in a state where they can drive safely. They’re likely to make a mistake and harm others in an accident.
- Failure to Signal. When a driver is turning or changing lanes, drivers around them need to be aware that they’re going to move. If a driver forgets to signal their car and moves, others on the road may not be prepared and they could crash.
When your Harlingen, TX car accident lawyer finds out how your accident happened, we can examine how the driver acted negligently. Once we have the facts of the crash, we can gather the information and start building your case.
Using Evidence to Fight for Your Rights
As we look at evidence and how you were injured, your car accident lawyers will look to prove the following happened in your case:
- The other driver owed you a duty of care to drive safely and to follow the law.
- The driver failed to provide you with this duty of care when they made a negligent decision, whether it was texting and driving, following too closely, or another reckless driving behavior.
- Their actions caused an accident.
- You suffered injuries and losses in that accident.
Combining evidence gathered from the scene, the police report, your statement, and your injuries, your car accident lawyer will show that your injuries happened because the other driver made a dangerous decision. From there, your representation will investigate the consequences of the car crash.
Finding the Costs of Your Car Accident Injuries and Losses
Your accident could have resulted in devastating injuries and damages. You can depend on your car accident lawyer to look into the full cost of your losses. We’ll take your injuries, the cost of care, how long you’ll have the injuries, and how your life will be affected because of them into account when calculating the compensation you deserve. With our lawyers on your side, we’ll seek compensation that will allow you to get the care you need and continue to support yourself even if you cannot work. We’ll also look into the damage done to your car and the emotional consequences of the accident.
Taking this encompassing approach to the damages you’re owed will give us the best chance of seeking compensation that will provide you with the peace of mind you deserve. You shouldn’t have to worry about how you’re going to continue keeping up with bills or taking care of others when you’re recovering from injuries. That’s why we’re here.
When you’re seeking legal action for the injuries and damages you sustained in the accident, the at-fault party may try to place some of the fault on you. While they may have caused the accident, they may be more at fault, but if any fault is assigned to you, your compensation could be reduced. The insurance company may also try to employ tactics that result in you getting less compensation than you deserve.
That’s why the attorneys at Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm are here. Dealing with insurance companies and complex cases is something we do every day. Your Harlingen, TX car accident lawyer will do everything they can to secure your financial future.
Seek Legal Representation Today
You do not have to fight for your rights on your own. A car accident attorney from our Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm can make sure your voice is heard. We will be at your side every step of the way to make sure your rights are protected and to handle your claim properly. We’ll fight hard to make sure that your compensation covers the total losses that you’ve suffered.
To get started on your case, reach out to our office today for a free consultation. Our lawyers handle each case with the care and attention to detail they deserve. You can trust us to conduct a thorough investigation and passionately fight for you. We’re here for you and your family.