When you’re driving in El Paso, you’re likely focused on driving safely and responsibly. Unfortunately, this doesn’t mean that other drivers will also do this. While cars have protective measures to reduce the damage done to vehicle occupants in an accident, collisions can still cause severe injuries and damages. If you or a loved one was hurt in an auto wreck because of someone else’s actions, you can explore your legal options with an El Paso, TX car accident lawyer from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm.
Our attorneys fight for those who have been hurt in motor vehicle collisions. When you need representation who will protect your rights, we’re here for you. We’ll be at your side throughout this process to fight for you, answer your questions, and seek the justice that you deserve.
What Will Our Lawyers Investigate?
To have a valid car accident claim, you will need evidence that shows you were owed a duty of care, the other party failed to meet that duty of care, they acted negligently and caused an accident, and you were injured in that accident. An El Paso, TX car accident lawyer will launch an investigation to find this evidence and show who was negligent and ultimately responsible for your injuries. When we find out what caused the accident, it can help lead to who was responsible. Let’s go over common causes of car collisions in El Paso:
- Driver Error. If the driver failed to signal, didn’t check their blind spots, or were unfamiliar with the roads, they could have caused an accident. While inexperienced drivers may be more likely to make a mistake, this can happen to any driver.
- Distracted Driving. Some drivers may make negligent decisions like using their phone or multitasking while they’re operating a vehicle. These distractions prevent the driver from looking at the road or staying in full control of their car.
- Reckless Driving. Speeding, following too closely, and driving through red lights or stop signs are all signs of reckless driving. A driver may also get behind the wheel while they’re inebriated, which can severely impair their ability to operate a car.
- Faulty Auto Part. In some cases, the other driver may not be at fault for the accident. If a car has a faulty auto part that causes an accident, then the manufacturing company that made it may be responsible.
After we know what caused your accident, we’ll also examine your injuries and the other losses you sustained. Serious car accident injuries can include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Loss of Limb
The severity of your accident can relate to the extent of your injuries and the level of care you’ll need. We’ll continue to gather evidence that will show the full scope of your injuries and damages.
How Will We Calculate Your Compensation?
Your damages will have both financial and nonfinancial consequences. We’ll examine every aspect of your case so we can find the full losses you’ve suffered. Then, we’ll fight for you to recover for these losses.
- Medical Expenses. When we examine your injuries, we’ll look at the medical bills you’ve incurred and also what your recovery process will look like. We’ll calculate the costs of your medical care so you can cover your past bills and continue to get care in the future.
- Lost Wages. Your recovery process will likely result in missing work. We’ll find out how long you’ll be away from work and calculate the days of lost wages.
- Property Damage. If your car was damaged, our lawyers will have the repair costs evaluated so you can recover for the damages it sustained.
- Pain and Suffering. When you have to live with painful injuries, it can take a toll. We’ll seek compensation that includes your pain and suffering.
- Emotional Anguish. You may experience trauma from the crash or the resulting injuries, or both. Your lawyer will keep this in consideration when calculating your compensation.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life. When your injuries prevent you from living your life as you did before the accident, you may experience loss of enjoyment of life, which can be included in your compensation.
When you have a dedicated El Paso, TX car accident lawyer on your side, you can trust them to find the total cost of your injuries and damages. We’ll seek to maximize your compensation so you’re able to get the recovery you deserve.
What Can You Do After an Accident to Help Your Claim?
Some steps you can take to help your claim may make the process smoother when you’re seeking compensation. The following actions are important after a car accident:
- Speak with Police. The police will need to make a report of the accident and they will ask you for details. Provide your side of the story when the details are most fresh in your mind. You should also obtain a copy of the crash report. Your lawyer can use this information to help fight for you.
- Take Photographs. Photographs of the accident, the damages, and your injuries can help demonstrate how serious the accident was.
- Exchange Information. You should get the other driver’s name, contact information, insurance policy information, and vehicle information. When you’re speaking with them, it’s important that you do not apologize, as this can be seen as an admission of fault.
- Get Medical Attention. After you’re done at the accident scene, you should get a medical evaluation as soon as possible. Your doctor will have your injuries on record and you can start treatment so you’re feeling better soon.
- Reach Out to a Lawyer. When you’ve taken care of your health, then you should contact an El Paso, TX car accident lawyer so you can start fighting for your future.
These steps may seem small, but they help show that you were hurt and needed help after the accident. Once you get in touch with our law firm, our attorneys are ready to take it from there.
Get the Experienced Representation You Need
An El Paso, TX car accident lawyer can fight for you when you’re dealing with the injuries and damages following a car collision. We’ll build a strong case on your behalf and deal with the insurance company so you don’t have to worry about providing information that they could use against you. We’re in your corner.
You can take the first steps to putting this event behind you when you reach out to our law firm for a free case evaluation. Our experienced car accident attorneys can start reviewing your case and find the best way we can help you. We can discuss the options you have and begin fighting to secure your financial future.