In a growing city, that means there are likely more cars on the road than before, which could lead to even more auto collisions happening in Brownsville. Residents and visitors alike share our roads, and when one person isn’t paying attention, they can cause a car crash that hurts and damages many people and their property. Our Brownsville, TX car accident lawyer is prepared to fight for those victims and ensure they’re properly compensated for what they’ve lost.
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we know how devastating a car crash can be. Your physical and emotional injuries could leave you feeling vulnerable and unsure where you’ll find the money to pay for your bills, especially when you’re unable to work because of your injuries. When you have one of our attorneys on your side, you can rest assured that you’ll get full and fair compensation for your damages.
Brownsville Car Crash Statistics
In order to understand how many wrecks are happening in Brownsville, we can look to a 2020 report issued by the Texas Department of Transportation. Crash statistics from our state and what severity levels of injuries occurred in those crashes can help recognize the similarities to what happened to cause your accident.
Here are the number of collisions in Brownsville in 2020 and the level of injury severity involved:
- 2,735 total crashes
- 96 unknown severity crashes
- 1,719 non-injury crashes
- 694 possible injury crashes
- 166 non-incapacitating injury crashes
- 53 suspected serious injury crashes
- 7 fatal crashes
Even though the number of non-injury crashes is so high, that doesn’t mean there weren’t any damages at all in those collisions. Drivers and passengers could still be dealing with property damage and emotional damage as well. Whether the accident you were involved in caused minimal or maximum damage, or mild or severe injuries, you shouldn’t have to choose between healing and financial recovery.
With a Brownsville, TX car accident lawyer on your side, you don’t have to choose. We’ll handle the legal side of things and work towards your financial recovery while you work on your physical and emotional healing.
Common Causes of Auto Wrecks
When you decide to take legal action against a negligent driver or another third party who caused your accident, your attorneys will have to investigate to figure out what exactly caused your wreck. From there, they’ll be able to determine who was liable for the accident and your subsequent injuries. By looking into the cause of the crash, they can pinpoint exactly who was at fault and who can be held accountable for what you’ve suffered through.
Here are some of the most common causes of auto wrecks so that you know what your car accident lawyer will be looking for:
- Distracted Driving. Anything that takes a driver’s attention away from the road is a distraction. Cars are large and heavy vehicles that require full attention and care when driving in order to keep from causing a wreck. When a driver uses their phone, messes with the radio, or eats behind the wheel, they are distracted and being negligent.
- Driving Under the Influence. Alcohol and other substances slow a driver’s reaction time and decision-making process. When a person is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they are making a decision to put everyone on the road’s lives at stake because they won’t be able to properly operate their vehicle.
- Reckless Driving. Actions like speeding, switching lanes without being careful, and tailgating are all dangerous and reckless. Even though drivers who do this feel like they’re in control, they’re really making decisions that can easily harm others since other drivers expect others on the road to drive normally.
- Defective Auto Part. Even when a driver is being careful behind the wheel, sometimes other factors can lead to an accident. If their mechanic installed a bad part, or the manufacturing company knowingly released a part that was defective and still allowed it to be put on cars, then that malfunctioning on the road could lead to a collision.
- Bad Roads. If there is construction work happening on a road, or if the road is littered with potholes or dangerous objects, then that could lead to accidents as well. Cars can only handle so much, and if there are deep potholes, sharp objects, or fallen trees, drivers might not be able to avoid them.
- Poor Weather. Heavy rain, strong winds, and other severe weather can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles. Even though it’s not common in our climate, there could also be snow or ice on the roads. Since people in our area aren’t used to those weather conditions, roads can be even more dangerous for them.
It’s important to note that it’s not always the other driver who was at fault. In some of these situations, a company or government agency was the party responsible, therefore they are who needs to be held accountable for their negligent actions. That’s why you shouldn’t immediately blame the other driver for causing your collision—it could have been another party entirely.
Your Brownsville, TX car accident lawyer is here to fully investigate what happened so that we can pinpoint exactly who was at fault for your injuries and damages. We’ll work on proving their negligence so that you can get the full and fair compensation that you deserve.
Hire Our Brownsville Car Accident Attorney
At Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm, we know that the results and damages caused by an auto wreck can be devastating. You’re likely trying to heal from physical, emotional, and financial damages that take a toll on you and your family. Thankfully, you don’t have to go through all of that alone. Our Brownsville, TX car accident attorney is prepared to help you through a claim.
When you decide to hire one of our lawyers to help you through your case, you can rest assured that you will be supported every step of the way. We’ll answer all of your questions and make sure you feel confident in your claim. Reach out to our office today so we can discuss your legal options.