Going to the doctor should be a pleasant experience where you get diagnosed as quickly and accurately as possible. That way, you can be confident that you’re getting the treatment that you need so that you can heal. When a doctor or another medical professional makes a mistake that leads to you suffering more harm, that could greatly impact your health. Our Arlington, TX medical malpractice lawyer is here to represent you and ensure they are held responsible for their mistakes.
You shouldn’t have to go through all of this alone. We’re here to guide you through the med mal process so that you can get justice for what you’ve endured. Our experienced attorneys will investigate what happened, how your healthcare worker was negligent, how they harmed you, and calculate the damages that you suffered as a result.
What Constitutes as Med Mal?
When you’re interested in filing a med mal claim, one of the first things you might be wondering is what constitutes as medical malpractice? This can seem complicated when you’re new to it, but it’s pretty simple once you break it down. In short, medical malpractice is when a medical professional breaks the duty of care and causes your injuries.
After a doctor-patient relationship is established, you are owed medical treatment that aligns with the standard of care in the field. If your doctor or other medical professional is negligent, they could break that standard and cause you injury. Those injuries will likely cause you to suffer from damages, which is when you can take legal action to recover the damages that you incurred.
This all demonstrates that medical malpractice hinges upon proving the negligence of the doctor, nurse, or other professional who hurt you. Some of the most common instances of medical negligence that could happen to you are:
- Misdiagnosis. When you have symptoms that point to a clear diagnosis, but you are diagnosed with a completely different ailment, this can lead to your health suffering greatly and you being hurt more, or it could lead to you enduring treatments for an illness or disease that you don’t have. For example, if you are misdiagnosed with cancer and go through chemo, that can cause your body serious harm when you didn’t need to go through it at all.
- Missed Diagnosis. Similarly, when you’re having obvious symptoms of an ailment and your doctor completely misses the diagnosis, your body can be physically harmed from that. For example, if you’re clearly suffering from a heart attack but are released from the hospital because the doctor doesn’t diagnose it, they could suffer from serious injuries or even death as a result of the missed diagnosis.
- Medication Errors. Prescriptions and medications need to be given to patients very carefully, or else there can be serious effects on their health. When drugs are wrongly prescribed, dosed, or administered, it can have deadly consequences. If a patient has an allergy, they could have a reaction, or if they are just given the wrong medication or dosage then they could be harmed.
- Surgical Errors. During surgery, surgeons and other medical staff who work on operations could make mistakes that lead to you suffering from more injuries. They could operate on the wrong site, nick an organ or artery from carelessness, or leave tools inside your body after the operation. Any breach of the sanitary field could lead to infections as well.
- Birth Injuries. Birth is supposed to be a joyous process, even though it’s expected to have some pain from the experience. When you are hurt more than normal, or if you baby is harmed in any way from birth mistakes, you could have a med mal claim on your hands.
It’s important to note that merely being unsatisfied with the care you received does not constitute medical malpractice. It’s disheartening to experience care that you’re not happy with, but if you didn’t experience a breach of care, negligence, further injury, and damages as a result, then you likely don’t have a med mal claim.
You might still be confused and have some questions about whether or not your experiences qualify for a med mal claim. That’s where our attorneys can help. An Arlington, TX medical malpractice lawyer from Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm is here to answer your questions and guide you through the process.
Medical Malpractice Injuries in Arlington
After an act of medical negligence, your lawyer will need proof of the injuries you suffered as a result so that they can build your med mal claim. Here are some of the most common injuries that medical malpractice victims experience in Arlington:
- Allergic Reactions
- Internal Bleeding
- Birth Injuries
There are plenty other injuries that can occur when a doctor makes an error in your care. These are just some of the most common injuries that can happen to you. While the harm you’ve suffered has likely greatly affected your life, you shouldn’t have to deal with it all on your own—the medical professional who was responsible should be held liable.
Having proof of your injuries is essential when it comes to your med mal claim. They’ll be able to prove that your doctor-patient relationship existed, that they breached the duty of care, and caused you injuries and damages from their breach. You deserve to have a strong claim so that you can get justice.
Our Arlington, TX medical malpractice attorney is here to help you gather all other evidence you need of your injuries so that you can have the strongest possible case. That way, you can recover the compensation you deserve for everything you’ve been through at the hand of a negligent doctor.
Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm Will Represent You
After experiencing an act of med mal, you might be left feeling vulnerable and unsure who to turn to. You trusted your medical professional to take care of you, and they did the opposite. That can leave you not sure who to trust. That’s where Buckingham Barrera Vega Law Firm comes in. You can trust us to guide you through the claims process and support you every step of the way so you can feel confident and cared for.
Our Arlington, TX medical malpractice lawyer is prepared to go up against a doctor, nurse, hospital, or any other entity who was responsible for what happened to you. You shouldn’t feel alone. We’re here to ensure that you get justice for all the wrongs you’ve suffered from. Reach out to our office today so we can get started on your claim.